exhaust upgrade? which is best

Which exhaust is best for the drz 400sm?/

yoshimura / muzzy/ or any others???:

Which exhaust is best for the drz 400sm?/

yoshimura / muzzy/ or any others???:

Yoshimura TRS Titanium Exhaust is the best, and also the most expensive!

It's hard to go wrong w/ a Yoshimura, but others have reported good things about Muzzy, and a few other brands too. Depending on your budget, the Yoshimura RS2 full stainless system ($450-ish), or the Yoshimura TRS ($700+) full titanium system are excellent choices. You need to run w/o the Tec-inserts to gain the most performance increase for your money. There is little to no gain over the stock system w/ the inserts in place.

Depends on your priorities.

Yosh is considered the top dog by many, if not most, here abouts. Some prefer to go with a stock E system for the stealth. Others choose to go with something in between. If you can list what you expect out of a system the responses will be more helpful.

Oh, and welcome to the madhouse.

I believe the Mussy is the quieter of the two. With the spark arrestor in place, it is about the same as stock but a bit deeper. Be sure to change the header pipe as well else it will be for looks only.

DSC01067.jpg

I believe the Mussy is the quieter of the two. With the spark arrestor in place, it is about the same as stock but a bit deeper. Be sure to change the header pipe as well else it will be for looks only.

DSC01067.jpg

Yosh RS and Muzzy should be the same sound levels, as they are both very similar. With the db killers in place they are only really good for sound.

You would be better off with an E system! :applause:

What about installation?

Which one is the easiest to install AND without removing the passenger pegs?

The yosh and the muzzy ss are about the same for all things, volume power etc.

The only time you have an isue with fitment is if you cross models. For an S or SM just make sure you get the S or SM pipe and either fits just fine.

i went for an Akrapovic, the install will happen once my order for a JD jet kit arrives.

i will keep you posted

i got a full muzzy exhaust for a e model for $396 bucks awesome sound and the power increase with the 3x3 and rejet was great

What about installation?

Which one is the easiest to install AND without removing the passenger pegs?

Buying the exhaust that is designed for your bike will fit and install as easy as the OEM stock system.

Many people install E model exhaust on thier S/SM model bikes - they do that because the stock E exhaust is as quiet as their S/SM exhaust, but flows way better - or, they are installing the Yoshi Titanium system on their S/SM - the Yoshi ti is only made for the E model - the yoshi ti yeilds the absolute most horsepower - dyno proven time and again.

Installing an E model exhaust on an S or SM will require some extra work - many do get rid of the passenger footpegs because they never have a passenger or are looking for weight savings - There are ways you can install an E model exhaust and still keep the passenger footpegs.

Good luck,

Branden

Mucho grassyass!

Sorry for semi-hijacking the thread!

Whats an e system??

Where u buy a full muzzy for 396$??

Whats an e system??

The stock exhaust header pipe and muffler off an E model DRZ.

i went for an Akrapovic, the install will happen once my order for a JD jet kit arrives.

i will keep you posted

Eddie said the jetting was the same for my elevation for stock S pipe as RS2. Maybe the Akro is diffeent.

Saw the new Akro stuff at Ddealer Expo VERY NICE. I went for the Yosh RS2 - best bang for the buck literally.

BTW I got it from the TT store.

The best exhaust for getting max power on a SM is the Yosh Titanium.