My RM250 Rebuild....

Hey guys, well I have an 02 RM250 and it has been out of order for the past 2 months. I need to rebuild the entire bike, top and bottom end and I am a firm believer of doing things myself and learning. I have a ton of experience with car motors and I look at it as, It is 10x smaller how hard can it be. I am going to buy the Factory suzuki service manual because there are a lot of things that I probably won't know which I will learn on the way. And I don't feel like spending $600 to get it done.

So I was just wondering if any of you who do their own rebuilds...How difficult is it? Could you give me some pointers. Or just your opinion. Thank you.

"I will learn on the way"

definitely.

i don't know near as much as half the guys on the site but certainly ask some of them, try other rebuild topics if you don't get many responses on here. i mean, it is the less visited 2smoke section :applause:

I'm just about to start taking apart my rm250 too, to clean, replace, repair, rebuild.

not really a helpful post but more of a rooting you on! as i am doing the same thing! i figure what the hell, need to learn one way or another!

:)

Currently there are atleast 4 people on here going through some sort of rebuild. 2-strokes are super simple to work on and if you have anymore specific questions try to search first and if you don't come up with anything feel free to post. People in this forum are always willing to help. I'm currently torwards the end of my own 5 month rebuild. There are plenty of pictures and as parts arrive on my doorstep there will be more pics to come.

Here is the link:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589429

Currently there are atleast 4 people on here going through some sort of rebuild. 2-strokes are super simple to work on and if you have anymore specific questions try to search first and if you don't come up with anything feel free to post. People in this forum are always willing to help. I'm currently torwards the end of my own 5 month rebuild. There are plenty of pictures and as parts arrive on my doorstep there will be more pics to come.

Here is the link:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589429

Thanks for the info guys. It is greatly appreciated. I am ordering the manual and should be here by friday. So I will tackle it then. Are there any special tools that I need. I have all of the standard tools. Just not sure if there is something special I need.

Flywheel puller