How did everyone do!

How did everyone finish at Reiter & did you have fun or was it to tuff?

I came in first for Ladies B.... was an awesome race.... never ever got boring (snow, rocks, mud) and by the second lap it felt so much better. The Stumpjumpers did a great job putting on the race! The volunteers were awesome! So nice to have cheering sections along the trail...totally pumped me up... thank you! This was my first trail race in Washington, I race in BC, and it was everything I expected plus more! Great job Stumpjumpers.... I'd have to say it was a real wake up call after a lazy winter.... Keep up the good work... I look forwad to Odessa in April....

i had a great time, had a pretty good start and then had some issues with mud in my carb (i cracked my airbox), then i went down and broke my clutch perch...i rode through the snow with no clutch and was passing guys so i felt good about that but i went on the hill that had to be rerouted and completely snapped my lever off so i went back to my pits to replace the perch but by the time i got it fixed it was too late and i had to take the DNF. the course was gnarly or what i rode of it....i enjoyed it and will be back next year to take it on...great job stumpies...oh it was my dad who fell off the 20 ft. cliff in the 9:30 race.haha i cant believe he didnt break anything!

i had a great time, had a pretty good start and then had some issues with mud in my carb (i cracked my airbox), then i went down and broke my clutch perch...i rode through the snow with no clutch and was passing guys so i felt good about that but i went on the hill that had to be rerouted and completely snapped my lever off so i went back to my pits to replace the perch but by the time i got it fixed it was too late and i had to take the DNF. the course was gnarly or what i rode of it....i enjoyed it and will be back next year to take it on...great job stumpies...oh it was my dad who fell off the 20 ft. cliff in the 9:30 race.haha i cant believe he didnt break anything!

Sorry to hear you DNF'd, I think you were the one I sent down the power lines to camp. You made it through that section with out a clutch better than most people did that had a working clutch :applause:

So was your dad the guy that they had to use a quad with a winch to pull his bike back up on the road?

Sorry to hear you DNF'd, I think you were the one I sent down the power lines to camp. You made it through that section with out a clutch better than most people did that had a working clutch :applause:

So was your dad the guy that they had to use a quad with a winch to pull his bike back up on the road?

Yeah, that was me (his dad). I've never been so happy to see a quad on the trail in my life:applause: Can you believe the bike started on the first kick and finished the race?!:) - of course I had about a 40 minute rest waiting for something to pull it out.

That was, without a doubt, the gnarliest race with the most diverse sections that I have raced - I especially liked that last downhill section - I think you called it the 'AA trail'.

Thanks Stumpjumpers for another quality race and a great time!

The long course was probably the hardest race we've had in a long time. The long lap times were cool. Next year you guys should just give t-shirts to the finishers. Is there any way to get a t-shirt? I've got one from every year except this one.

yeah im the guy you sent down the powerlines...i got confused once i hit the main road and accidently passed the turn to the pits but i made it finally! I just cant wait to do it again next year and actually finish!

The long course was probably the hardest race we've had in a long time. The long lap times were cool. Next year you guys should just give t-shirts to the finishers. Is there any way to get a t-shirt? I've got one from every year except this one.

I'll second that and the AA down hill was not for the timmid, not a good place to wreck!:applause:

I didn't know that we ran out of shirts:confused:

I'll let Jerry know and see if he has plans of printing more up, everyone that finished deserves a shirt for sure :applause:

I'll second that and the AA down hill was not for the timmid, not a good place to wreck!:applause:

That was a good tough course...you know it's a good one when there are bottlenecks on the long course!

That was a good tough course...you know it's a good one when there are bottlenecks on the long course!

Yep ,its bad when you have to stop,look,then pick your lines around eveyone...:applause:

Just curious who the club member was that got the pictures of the bike (mine) being winched up the cliff? I'd love to see those!

Probably Scott Weber. Was he the guy that doused with water while you were standing on the side of the road? :applause:

If so, that was him. We are going to try and compile everyone's photos for our clubs photo albums and get them posted asap.

well first i didn't finish. i am bummed. i got shoved into a log in the first turn and was holding a good bit of speed and got my foot stuck between my handlebar and my tank, twisted it up pretty good. after straightening out the front end i kept going proceeding to get stuck in two mudholes. one i went to on purpose thinking it's not that bad(wrong haha) and the other i slid into because of crappy back tire. I was dead last and by the time i got it out i started to go around another mud hole, and there was another guy stuck up the carb in mud, no one helping . I knew i wasn't going finish, bike was too loose and needed to tighten some things up. leaned my bike against a tree and pulled the guy out. we kept riding i made it to the road, and i was beat. the guy kept going, slowly, but he kept going. I had some minor bike problems that were major enough to keep me out for an hour or so. I was done. Came back later and ran about a two mile section of the course. stopped at the rock section at the beginning and watched Bailey clear the whole thing. Freakin' awesome. I have to hand it to you stumpjumpers, that was hell of a course and i didn't even see the last few miles.

I am probably going to head up there tomorrow with one of my buddies and were going to ride the course. did you guys pull the arrows down? if so, i am sure we could tell because of the grooves from everybody riding on it. anyway, thanks guys. even though i didn't get to finish, it was still a great event and i had a lot of fun after the the first hour and a half. hahaha

I could never get a groove going and spent pretty much the entire race fighting myself and the trails.

Started off by getting my foot caught in another rider's front wheel at the start and we both went down...that was a scary feeling!

Then I somehow broke off most of my left footpeg so my foot was coming off the peg constantly.

Then the post on my steering damper somehow worked it's way down so that it was no longer connected to the damper...never realized how much I depended on that damper until it was not working!

Tipped over into a mud hole and completely submerged myself in muck trying to keep the bike from going in with me.

When I came around for my fourth lap and saw that the time was almost expired I decided to call it a day rather than do another lap so I hung out for a few minutes and waited for the course to close. Somehow managed 5th in my class.

Loved the AA downhill and the short rock-slab downhill...made my own line down that and passed riders every lap there :applause:

well first i didn't finish. i am bummed. i got shoved into a log in the first turn and was holding a good bit of speed and got my foot stuck between my handlebar and my tank, twisted it up pretty good. after straightening out the front end i kept going proceeding to get stuck in two mudholes. one i went to on purpose thinking it's not that bad(wrong haha) and the other i slid into because of crappy back tire. I was dead last and by the time i got it out i started to go around another mud hole, and there was another guy stuck up the carb in mud, no one helping . I knew i wasn't going finish, bike was too loose and needed to tighten some things up. leaned my bike against a tree and pulled the guy out. we kept riding i made it to the road, and i was beat. the guy kept going, slowly, but he kept going. I had some minor bike problems that were major enough to keep me out for an hour or so. I was done. Came back later and ran about a two mile section of the course. stopped at the rock section at the beginning and watched Bailey clear the whole thing. Freakin' awesome. I have to hand it to you stumpjumpers, that was hell of a course and i didn't even see the last few miles.

I am probably going to head up there tomorrow with one of my buddies and were going to ride the course. did you guys pull the arrows down? if so, i am sure we could tell because of the grooves from everybody riding on it. anyway, thanks guys. even though i didn't get to finish, it was still a great event and i had a lot of fun after the the first hour and a half. hahaha

Hey Alex,

I went up back up Sunday and pulled arrows. I started from the "step rock" (I didn't jump it, but I rode up the face of ths second slab after watching a bunch of the second race do it on Sat.)

There are a couple corners that you might miss. It is hard to say....one of the guys I was pulling arrows with did and he raced in it Saturday. :applause:

The weather was GREAT Sunday for trail riding probably better today. If anything you can make a good day of trail riding out of it.

Rhino

I only did the short course, so what did the AA down hill look like on the long course?

I only did the short course, so what did the AA down hill look like on the long course?

Same hill for both races. That name of the trail is AA downhill. From what I understand.....used to be only the long course ran it. :applause:

Short course was the same as the long course. AA trail was that nice tight rocky down hill through the trees. It was after riding up that rocky forest road where there was a checkpoint, then you went down into the woods.

Hey great race. It was my first race in twenty five years or so. But you guys should have done it on my 285 plus pound suzuki drz. Needless I got a great work out and did not finsh last. So now my drz is for sale and hope to own a wr 450 by thursday. The down hill rocks where great. All my years of mt biking came in handy. Can't wait for the next race.