Sign in to follow this  

How did everyone do!

Some good pics in there rhino! Also a few interesting ground shots...must be from your finger slipping!
No just down time. Dinking around.

Hey Mike can you play that movie photage of the start (end of the gallery)???

No just down time. Dinking around.

Hey Mike can you play that movie photage of the start (end of the gallery)???

movie plays fine...left side def. had the start advantage to where you were standing taking video

I added some more short course and a few trophy presentation to the clubs photo album... I was too busy helping racers all day and could not get many pics..

Wow!!! What a race. That was my first crack at racing and I don't think I've ever had so much fun and been soooo exhausted at the same time. Thanks for posting the photos (that was me getting the holeshot in the vid!). Thought the course was great, although I could have done without the snow section (what an energy sapper). People were really nice and courteous out on the race course and there were lots of volunteers offering encouragement and a helping hand. A very impressive and well run event by the Stumpjumpers. I will definitely be back next year. I snagged second in Open C and look forward to trying to tackle the long course in Open B next year. Thanks for a great event guys!!!!

Just curious, concerning DNF's, does anybody know how many riders started (I'm particularly interested in the open c but an overall ratio of starters to finishers would be neat to know)

So far as catching flack for making it tough - don't ease up on it a bit - I loved it! (Just my 2 cents worth)

I looked at the finsihing sheet on the trailer and read 27 starters in Open C. I ended up 7th. Sitting on the trail with my helpmet off catching my breath on numerous occasions has a great tendency to effect my finish I found. It made it so I could!

Hey stumpies. Will you submit an article for Trailrider / Off roader?

yes the workers were very nice and encouraging, were they all members of your club? I should of known it would be tuff when I was watching the short course riders come in about a 100 yards from the finish and there were guys just beat red, soaking with sweat, some were dragging their legs and they all looked exhausted. I couldn't see them come off the last little hill but I kept hearing bikes stall and crash in the bushes. One guy riding by doesn't even look at us he just yells "its suicide" . I laughed then but I had no idea what I was in for. In earlier post about frostbite several people made comments about laying on the ground at Reiter. I did know what they were talking about but I past several people just laying in the bushes during that race resting. One time I went down I just layed face down in the mud with my leg under my bike for a good minute cause I was too tire to move.

yes the workers were very nice and encouraging, were they all members of your club? I should of known it would be tuff when I was watching the short course riders come in about a 100 yards from the finish and there were guys just beat red, soaking with sweat, some were dragging their legs and they all looked exhausted. I couldn't see them come off the last little hill but I kept hearing bikes stall and crash in the bushes. One guy riding by doesn't even look at us he just yells "its suicide" . I laughed then but I had no idea what I was in for. In earlier post about frostbite several people made comments about laying on the ground at Reiter. I did know what they were talking about but I past several people just laying in the bushes during that race resting. One time I went down I just layed face down in the mud with my leg under my bike for a good minute cause I was too tire to move.

The guys working the AA downhill were friends of the club, they really had fun when I was speaking with them after the race, the sweep riders were club members... Volunteers are key to putting on events and when they encourage the racers by cheering them on it only makes it better :) I know that a loud yell of encouragement as you race by makes a world of difference in your motivation :applause:

OCsquid, you make me laugh. In a "Oh yeah I have been there before" kind of way. :applause::)

I am glad I am not alone. If you raced the long race you passed me sitting on my bike staring at the trail in front of me talking to myself. I was on an 07 kxf250. Interesting times..

I am glad I am not alone. If you raced the long race you passed me sitting on my bike staring at the trail in front of me talking to myself. I was on an 07 kxf250. Interesting times..
No I am the fat guy standing at the top of the step rock chearing everyone on (and occasionally pulling a bike over the top). Brian Wheeler was there pushing the guys up the "V" in the rock.

I grew up at Reiter and have raced there growing up and usually sweep ride. Race chairman never said he wanted me out sweeping ( I asked multiple times) so I left my bike in the back of my truck. I did go back Sunday morning and ride almost a full lap (from the step rock throuh the snow and back to just before the AA downhill) pulling arrows. :applause:

yeah it was nice chatting with you for a few minutes when i ran into you up there.

yeah it was nice chatting with you for a few minutes when i ran into you up there.

I wanted to follow you down that jeep road sooo bad but I had already been through to much, I had to finish. It was real nice to chat with someone at that point though.

Wow, I can't believe how many first time racers there were at this race.:) I can think of a few other races that would have been a little better for a first race...If you can survive Reiter, all the other races will be a piece of cake.:applause: Looking forward to the Golden Spike. I plan on leading the Open A for longer than 1 lap at that one!

Hey thanks to the frost bit i am picking up my new wr450 after work. Reiters was great. but it was a pain on my drz. I like the tight tech courses. Not a big fan of WOT racing. So what races are coming up that are single track/trees ??

hey guys, where is the video you're talking about?

thanks

It shows up for me as the last picture on the 2008 Frostbite gallery. Can you not see/view it?:applause: I have never tried posting a movie on there I might have to remove it.