Sign in to follow this  

How did everyone do!

How did everyone finish at Reiter & did you have fun or was it to tuff?

Well...... um........ i realy dont want to talk about it.

hahahahaha

Well...... um........ i realy dont want to talk about it.

hahahahaha

I heard about some guy that tried to get in one last lap without wasting time to pit for gas...do you know anything about that? :applause:

Hey Rhino, i figured out how to see the video, it was picture number 100 out of 142. Sorry for the confusion.
I was confused....It was the last thing I loaded and when I looked for it I foud it at the end. I wonder if they get shuffled or more pics were added....I will have to go look again. :smirk:

Edit: Looks like Don put some more pics up of the step rock (short course) and some trophy presentation pictures.

Oh you'll pay for that Brett! I will no longer pick on Shaun and Cory anymore....just you!

Oh you'll pay for that Brett! I will no longer pick on Shaun and Cory anymore....just you!

Andy, I debated about posting that one or not.... my camera has that stupid delay when using the flash and it gets some pretty weird shots as a result... but I figured you were smiling and thats all that matters :smirk:

Andy, I debated about posting that one or not.... my camera has that stupid delay when using the flash and it gets some pretty weird shots as a result... but I figured you were smiling and thats all that matters :smirk:

No worries Don. I actually had fun up there. The same kind of fun Brett will have getting all of his paper work unstapled from his desktop.

You need to take that delay off of that thing Don!....welll you prob like the pictures you get though...:smirk:

Jeffrey (my 15 yr. old son) wanted to thank all involved in getting him off the course and transported to Monroe Hospital. Here is his story he wanted to share with all of you. He hobbled to the computer out of bed long enough to write this. Jeffrey ended up with his entire right leg covered in 2nd degree chemical burns and DNF'd the 15 and under class. Thanks again to all the Stump jumper and course guys help.

Here is the story in Jeffrey's words:

"Deep with in the forest of Reiter trails, the frostbite was being held. The first and one of the toughest races of the NMA series. I was in the15 and under class. More than half of my class had to dnf. I was no exception, although it had nothing to do with bike failure, I was carried out into an ambulance with what was thought to be, a torn ACL. Only 3 people in my class finished with 2 laps, and a handful of others finished with 1. Sadly I was one of the ones still on my first lap. I was about an eighth of a mile away from the finish line, when I crashed at the top of a hill. The bike had me pinned and was leaking fuel on my leg. So I turned the fuel off and another rider picked the bike off of me. I got up and started my bike. At the bottom of the hill I decided to let some faster, larger riders by me. As I leaned my bike over to the side of the trail I felt a burning sensation in my leg.

Leaning the bike over on me I figured my leg was just brushing against a hot pipe or something. But to my surprise even after all the guys had passed me my leg kept burning. I was screaming in agony. I felt all around my leg to try to find a cut, fire, or something. But nothing I was yelling out mixed feelings of pain, and confusion. I just didn’t know what was going on. A local rider named Butch rode past me and heard my yells. Thankfully he was an EMT, I can’t quite remember what it stands for because he told me when I was in shock. I guess I was twitching and shivering because I was laying in a small river flow. Just at about that time a trials guy, Tom, came in and helped pick me up with Butch and get me out of the water.

Everyone thought I had torn my ACL as I told you earlier, so they immobilized my leg. But in reality the fuel from my bike had been soaked up by my long underwear. And since I was sitting in water the fuel was washed off my riding pants. The only theory that I, or anyone else can conjure up for this bizarre occurrence is that a chemical in my long underwear reacted with my fuel. This caused a chemical change, and in most chemical changes there is a temperature change. I don’t know if I was basically sitting in a chemical bath, or the thermal energy from my long underwear was burning my leg. Fuel does not just burn you all by itself. And there was no fire to spark that fuel, if there was I wouldn’t have my pants in a plastic bag in my room, untorched. This is a warning to everyone that wears long underwear while riding, if you happen to spill some gas on them, for the love of your legs, take them off and don’t touch them."

Thanks,

Jeff Tasky Jr.

And thanks to all again for helping the kid. I came by him on lap 3 stopped for a minute to check him out. Butch already had his leg stable. Jeffrey said " Dad keep going, Butch has me taken care of and you need to finish!" That's my boy.:smirk:

Later,

Jeff Tasky Sr.

WOW! Great attitude Jeffry! We'll be praying for a quick recovery for your leg!

And thanks to all again for helping the kid. I came by him on lap 3 stopped for a minute to check him out. Butch already had his leg stable. Jeffrey said " Dad keep going, Butch has me taken care of and you need to finish!" That's my boy.:smirk:

Priceless....

:)

This is me looking in the mirror right now with my new beer trophy

Great race, I was beat but it was a fun beating :smirk:

Wish you a speedy recovery Jeff. Interesting what you say about the long underwear and fuel. I had that happen to me (not quite as bad) a long time ago (1989 the last Barstow to Vegas). Fuel cap did not get on tight at a pit and the next thing I knew...major burning on my thighs. I stopped, dropped my pants, and doused myself with water before it got too bad. I was able to continue after that, but it hurt!. I've had gas on my legs before and no problem. Maybe the pants I was wearing or something???:smirk:

Anyway, nice story..get well soon!

Helly Hanson was what Jeffrey Jr. was wearing that day. Everyone was shocked at the severity of the burn from the 91 octane pump gasoline. The kid is on the road to recovery and looking forward to the Goldendale race in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Jeff Tasky

Helly Hanson was what Jeffrey Jr. was wearing that day. Everyone was shocked at the severity of the burn from the 91 octane pump gasoline. The kid is on the road to recovery and looking forward to the Goldendale race in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Jeff Tasky

:smirk: i where that! well got to change my long underwear brand now!