Mag Cleaning procedure & Pix

This might help some, might bore others.

This is the mag cover

MagCleaning001.jpg

Remove 6 bolts with 8mm socket and you will see this

MagCleaning002.jpg

This is what you want to clean

MagCleaning003.jpg

Note the dowel pins

MagCleaning004.jpg

MagCleaning005.jpg

Those holes are where the long bolts go.

This is fine metallic flakes.

MagCleaning007.jpg

Bolt cover on. I like to start with the 2 longer bolts and work on opposing bolts in order. Just snug at first and then torque to maybe 6ftlbs or so.

Finally reward yourself for a job well done.

MagCleaning013.jpg

If you are really pleased with yourself the rewards may continue.

MagCleaning010.jpg

Awesome. This forum is the best...period! Gas for you.

Love the last pic!

That last pic is great and has given me an idea for a new thread. Everyone post a picture of themselves doing a Dale Wickline impression with their favorite flavour of beer. :applause:

That last picture is a keeper.

Thank you Dale!

Norman

Thanks! Information with pictures RULE!:applause:

That last pic is great and has given me an idea for a new thread. Everyone post a picture of themselves doing a Dale Wickline impression with their favorite flavour of beer. :applause:

Will this work as doing a Wickline

4718484331.jpg

best I could do on short notice :)

P.S. Thanks Dale for the pictorial, I'll be checking mine soon

So did you just wipe it out and put it back together? Would blasting it with some contact cleaner help any?

Thanks

lmao:ride:

Awesome. This forum is the best...period! Gas for you.

The man needs more beer! :applause:

Dale: How many miles before you did that (first?) check/cleaning? I've got just under 1K and have not checked yet. Also, you dumped your oil first - right? Otherwise some total squid (me) could have a driveway mess on their hands. Thanks for the pics.

Chris

I'm starting to see a theme here! :applause:

The man needs more beer! :)
Dale: How many miles before you did that (first?) check/cleaning? I've got just under 1K and have not checked yet. Also, you dumped your oil first - right? Otherwise some total squid (me) could have a driveway mess on their hands. Thanks for the pics.

Chris

I've got about the same mileage and I've done it twice.

Yes the oil needs to be drained.

I don't use any cleaner just wipe it off.

That last pic is great and has given me an idea for a new thread. Everyone post a picture of themselves doing a Dale Wickline impression with their favorite flavour of beer. :)

Judging from your avatar I'm guessing we will see you with your bong? :cry:

Dale - Funny stuff as usual man :applause: The last picture looks like a talk like a pirate day pic. Arg, where's me beeeer.

Great post :applause:

Judging from your avatar I'm guessing we will see you with your bong? :applause:

Nah, those days are long gone. The last time I had a puff was probably 15 years ago, or maybe 4 years, maybe it was 6 months ago. No, it was 10 years ago, fersure 10 years ago.

Thanks for the great pics and tip.:applause:

Great Post :applause:

Thanks Dale! Something to do while it is snowing!!! You did say drink the beer afterwards, right??? Would one beer be ok between draining the oil & taking apart the cover? You really need to be more precise!