Clutch Cover Protection

Has anybody used this CFC case cover? It's a whole lot cheaper than replacing the clutch cover with a billett one. I'm after function not form, so the bling factor doesn't really matter to me. I've already ground down my brake lever inside teeth and have already punched a hole in the ignition cover once, so I know I'm due soonner or later on the clutch side.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CFC-OFFROAD-SIDECASE-SHIELD-CRF450-CRF450X_W0QQitemZ120221977261QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Go with the Boyesen or Rekluse cover and save yourself some trouble. JMO2

Go with the Boyesen or Rekluse cover and save yourself some trouble. JMO2

I tend to agree with cubera but the cfc plate is better than nothing for sure.

Bryce

thanks for posting that...that's a nice little part, kinda like a shoulder pad for the clutch cover...not quite sure how far it sticks out though

I'm undecided. Most of my fundage goes in to my son's bike so Dear Old Dad needs to be frugal and get as much bang for the buck. The cost difference between this and a billett unit could be applied towards other goodies.

Hmmmmm...decisions decisions

the oly concern I would have with the protector vs a billet cover would be if it took a big hit the stock mag cover is pretty flimsy and may still crack. I have the sfb billet cover on mine and it has taken some serious beatings, and done remakably well. it dents without any cracking which is the big downfall of the stocker.

Bryce

I've got one, works for me. The clearance is still good. You actually just silicone it on, that also adds a little shock absorbtion and dissipates the impact.

Picture022.jpg

I had one on mine and when the silicone finnaly whore out the side cover has major pits in it and it was all white and nasty. I think the aluminum causes electrolisis(sp) with the factory cover :applause: and now it has to be replaced for sure.

JBweld a couple of quarters to the stock cover.

I had one on mine and when the silicone finnaly whore out the side cover has major pits in it and it was all white and nasty. I think the aluminum causes electrolisis(sp) with the factory cover :applause: and now it has to be replaced for sure.

hey, can you post a picture of that nasty stock cover? maybe some water got trapped between the clutch cover and the cfc protector, and just sat there and did some damage over however long it was on you bike

WOW, what kind of silicone did you use? There are many common noncorrosive types of silicone sealant, I wonder what you got your hands on, you could use just about any sealant even latex on magnesium. Most common (Home Depot, Lowes) silicone sealants are noncorrosive and insulators, so electrolysis shouldn't be an issue. I haven't needed to take mine off yet, so you've got me wondering. Anyone else experience this.

Ive had one on my WR426 for over 5 years without issues.

Permatex 16b Silicon adhesive has held up well.

Good afordable product.

BTW this part was used in the 06 Baja 1000 on the 107X Honda 450X.:smirk:

Thanks to all for the insight !

Anyone have a clue whether this would also fit a 2004 CR250R? (2-smoke)

I have been looking for something like this for a while now!