[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

stupid question...wheres the weep hole for oil on an 05?

i was getting ready to change the gear oil and im not sure were the weep hole is to check it as i feel it....im not use to the rm...had ktms....any please help me with this stupid question..thanks:banghead: :applause: :

ever wonder why the side case always says "XXXml" you drain out the oil and put in the correct amount, there is no weep hole

cammerddr-z you mean to tell me that as you filling up the bike with oil the is no weep hole to losen up for the oil to run out of when it is full????? I know what mL it's supposed to get...when you change you vehicle oil do you just put in what its supposed to get and not check it?????? Uncle Alpo...im sorry it's a rm 250...sorry about that!

when you change you vehicle oil do you just put in what its supposed to get and not check it??????

yep, pretty much,

drain it, re-fill it with the correct amount, and ride

Look for the bolt in front of the countershaft sprocket guard bolts (plastic piece).

exactly. how can you guys be saying there is no hole? is it called something different?

My 03 RM125 has it, I think its what your talking about.. the manual calls it the "Oil Level Screw" and its an allen head bolt near the water pump cover, but not part of the clutch cover.

I looked online a bit and from what I saw the 05 250 doesnt have one.. could be wrong though.

I have an '06 and was reading thru the manual last night. If I remember correctly, I believe it said it was in front of the counter shaft sprocket as mentioned earlier.

i just went and looked my bike does have the allen head bolt on the water pump....im going to try it....i need a manual....

You're changing the coolant too? That's what that one is for, the oil one is on the other side of the engine, as others describe, just in front of the rear sprocket.