Well, I finally got it

Picked up a left over new 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab, 6.7 with the 6-speed auto tranny, 2WD. Went out set on getting a used 5.9, but they are a pain to find used in the mega cab. Could have gotten a 2007 5.9 4x4 Mega Cab, but it was black, and had a lot of miles for a truck only one year old. The under carrage looked like hell too.

Anyways, drove both, and the new 6.7 felt so much better engine wise. Might have been the 6-speed tranny that made the difference in feel, who knows.

The truck is awesome so far. Of course, only has 200 miles at this point. Already dinged the top of the tailgate when my loading ram slipped. :applause: Got tailgate spoiler on order to keep this from happening again.

Thing I love so far about the truck power galore and the fact that I can cruise at 75 with the tach still right below 2,000 RPM. Can't wait to pull the first heavy load with it. Of course the thing I already hate is paying for it. LOL

I researched which truck to get for a quite a while. Saw some issues with the 6.7, but it seems they have been resolved with software updates. Was told by the dealer mechanic to not let it idle for long periods, and to drive it like a truck. He also said to use the exhaust brake all of the time, but I can't see myself doing that unless I'm carrying weight.

Got a pretty good deal on the truck as far as I know, so going new was pushing my budget, but hopefully worth it. God I hope I don't live to regret getting this truck.

Flame away....

ben

Sounds awesome! Gotta love those mega cabs. Would it be possible to see some pictures?

how much with tax,lic. etc.

Im jealous, hope they got everything worked out of that new 6.7.

What color did you get? WE WANT PICS!

As for the tailgate ding on top, sounds like a good excuse to get a stainless steel tailgate cap/lip cover.:applause:

The reason for using the exhaust brake regularly is because regular movement of the actuator selonoid and the flapper will prevent carbon buildup and eventual seizure of the exhaust brake. Just don't use it on wet or slick surfaces-rear wheel lockup at speeds is never fun.

congats :applause: on the truck. We want pictures:excuseme:

Here's another forum you'll be viewing a lot in the near future.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/

Photo attached from this morning loaded up to head to the track.

Well, tax and title is a real pain in the rear. I talked the dealer down to $34,400, but then they added the tax and title. :applause:

I looked up the same truck on KBB for used values and still got the truck new for less than what they are worth used. Even after tax and title. So, I guess I got a good deal.

CH, so should I use the exhaust brake a lot? So far I've been using it at least the last 5 miles of my trip, when I get close to hope. So it engages maybe 2-3 times just before I pull in the driveway.

ben

dodge.jpg

Photo attached from this morning loaded up to head to the track.

Well, tax and title is a real pain in the rear. I talked the dealer down to $34,400, but then they added the tax and title. :)

I looked up the same truck on KBB for used values and still got the truck new for less than what they are worth used. Even after tax and title. So, I guess I got a good deal.

CH, so should I use the exhaust brake a lot? So far I've been using it at least the last 5 miles of my trip, when I get close to hope. So it engages maybe 2-3 times just before I pull in the driveway.

ben

Sharp looking rig-sounds like you got a good deal, too!:applause:

Use it at least once each time you drive it. It's when people don't use them for months, then try to that things are all corroded up.

i just realised that the 6.7 was a diesel. a dodge cummins diesel has always been my dream truck. maybe in 10 years when i have a better job.

Wow nice score. Up here that's about a 50 thousand dollar truck.

Wow nice score. Up here that's about a 50 thousand dollar truck.

thats about what they sticker for here too... but a good haggler can get them for well under sticker, sounds like the OP fits that description :thumbup:

i've heard those new cummins have like 250 horsepower stock, my 5.2l 1500 has more than that lol

i've heard those new cummins have like 250 horsepower stock, my 5.2l 1500 has more than that lol

Thats not true...

2008 Dodge 2500 cummins: 350 hp and 650 pound feet of torque..

There great trucks I have two, a newer one and an older one..Both are awesome..

Terry

Gee I guess you heard wrong lol

My '07 with the 5.9L Cummins is rated at 325hp, 610lb/ft of torque. For a big truck, it scoots.

Great Score! Congrats on the new rig, Im not a Dodge guy but I love turcks and diesels. Well done!

apples and watermelons in comparison, the cummins would turn the 5.2 on its lid in torque

Power is the one thing this truck isn't lacking. You have to be careful with the gas pedal when the truck is empty.

ben

Power is the one thing this truck isn't lacking. You have to be careful with the fuel pedal when the truck is empty.

ben

Fixed it for ya!:applause:

Just don't make that mistake at the pumps.:)