Sign in to follow this  

Subarus...

Top List of Cars That Attract The Most Speeding Tickets From Police

By: Elle

The saying that not all are created equal must be nearer to the truth for cars. ISO Quality Planning came out recently with a survey of cars that get the most incidence of tickets. Knowing that your car belongs to the list should be a concern for you, as insurance companies spot premiums from risks ranking of car’s vulnerability to accidents and violations. Would you like to know how your car fares in the ticket-hungry category? We think it’s better to give you the bad news first. Then as you read along, anticipate the good news. So check out below what ISO Quality Planning’s survey found out.

TOP 10 Most Ticket-Hungry Cars - This is a list of the 10 top cars MOST likely to get pull over for speeding.

1. Hummer H2 The Hummer H2 is a massive-built, wider-than-average track vehicle. It appeals both to drivers who need a general purpose and an off-road vehicle. If the lion is the king of the jungle, this is certainly the king of the urban jungle with its bold, imposing looks. But it seems, the Hummer H2 is also king on every cop’s list.

2. Scion tC Designed to appeal to the younger generation of today, Toyota’s Scion tC, makes it to the top police list of attention-hungry cars. This could be linked to the higher-risk driver category of those behind its wheel.

3. Scion xB The xB is a 4-door, 5-passenger wagon which also has a strong appeal to younger drivers, like the Scion tC. Like its sleeker kin, Scion xB is a vehicle chased by tickets and violations.

4. Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG Having a Mercedes, any model for that matter is enough to make you one notch up above lesser mortals. So, who cares if you get a few traffic violations for this baby?

5. Toyota Solara Coupe On the top 5 of the most ticketed vehicle is the Toyota Solara Coupe. The Solara is a 2-door, up to 5-passenger family coupe, or convertible. While it is not generally known for its road performance, it never fails to catch the fancy of fines and tickets.

6. Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG The Mecedes Benz CLS63 AMG is another performance car that is worth unending ooh’s and aah’s. With a fast record on the road, its no wonder this machine is eye candy for the cops.

7. Scion xA The Scion xA, a five-door hatchback subcompact makes it to the 7th in the list of ticket-hungry cars. Toyota also designed it for the generation Y crowd, but it was surprisingly a hit as well with 30-ish drivers and beyond in a country known for its population’s preference for massive, imposing cars.

8. Subaru Outback Subarus are sport utility vehicles known to be a grocery shopping favorite of yuppies. But the Subaru seem to be up for more action than just picking up the goods from the store, as it figures in the top 8 of attention-hungry cars.9. Audi A4 Audi A4 ranks up in the list of 10 attention-hungry cars. While it is often seen behind Mercedeses and BMWs, in America it seems to have a high standing in the attention list of cops.

10. Toyota Matrix This 4-door, 5-passenger wagon is praised for its stylish design in the SUV category. Clearly a cop-stopper, the Toyota Matrix, landing on the 10th most attention hungry cars in the US, unquestionably yank it up with the rest of the cars fetching high Auto Insurance premiums. And now the good news. If your car is not in the list above, it might be down here. Or if you are planning to buy a car soon, then getting one of these below are good bets for your purchase.

That list seems a bit off to me. No Mustangs, no Corvettes, no Porsches, no convertibles... although the Outback (but no WRX or STi), Scion and Matrix are on there... Seems like more a list of utility based cars than a list of ticketed cars.

Where did that list come from?

ISO Quality Planning, the San Francisco company that studied the records of 1.7 million drivers, compiled a list of ticket magnets that confirmed some long-held notions:

That list seems a bit off to me. No Mustangs, no Corvettes, no Porsches, no convertibles... although the Outback (but no WRX or STi), Scion and Matrix are on there... Seems like more a list of utility based cars than a list of ticketed cars.

Probably because those are more commonly used/driven cars than Corvettes, etc.

Probably because those are more commonly used/driven cars than Corvettes, etc.

True! Plus if you have a Corvette or a Porsche you don't have to drive like an idiot to be coooool!:p

I call shenanigans.jpg

Anybody into cars knows that while the Scion brand was targeted to the X/Y gen, it's popular with soccer moms, which makes it unpopular with the X/Y gen. Even so, most of them can't afford a new car anyway.

The 1997-2002 2.5 Subaru engines had weak head gaskets. They would leak externally, causing the coolant level to drop, allowing air pockets to form in the cooling system, which would disrupt coolant flow, which would cause temp spikes, which would finish the gasket off completely.

I have to put a pair in my sister's '02 Forester. Can anyone recommend a brand that completely cures this problem?

use the 2.5 turbo headgaskets, will fit no problem and cure the leaks permanently. I'm a subaru tech in CT. I've done this dozens of times with no issues.

turbo subarus are unreliable POS when modified, i had a bunch.

currently driving a 99 legacy (the 2.2L is the best motor, most reliable and best on gas)

155K+ on it

Only subaru I've driven was an older outback that had over 200K on the clock. It still drove like new in my opinion. The steering was tight, didn't rattle,and seemed to still have descent power for a 4 banger. Next time the wife wants a car I'm going to take her to look at them.

My dad had a 98 Legacy hatchback. What a POS that car was. Something was always wrong with it, then the engine went south at 150K. Pops traded it in for $50 haha.

I'd say they tow just fine... I have 90K on mine, and it's had a larger turbo, injectors, fuel pump and intercooler for the last 50K miles. It's tuned and puts down 270hp and 267tq to all 4 wheels, and tows like a champ. Not a single issue to date. That said, it's really not meant for towing so I now have a suburban 2500 that does the job.

IMG_2627_1.jpg

IMG_2533_1.jpg

That's more power and torque than most pick-up trucks from 20 years ago.

Also nearly double what my Wagoneer puts down and that weighs twice as much as your car, empty.

never had a problem with the ones i've owned and worked on!

total replacement time from when it was pulled into the garage to being back on the road form a blown head gasket... 1 hour 20 minutes.

can you do that with a GM or Ford?

with everything being metric, it's NICE!

Subaru breaks down, it requires....

- a tool box of metric sockets and wrenches.

GM/ Ford breaks down it requires....

- Metric Socket and wrenches

- Standard Socket and wrenches

- 11 point sockets *designed and produced from a 3rd world country because they were the lowest bidder*

- 117 specialty tools to remove parts, only to change spark plugs!

- team of 7 super human strength, double jointed, long armed, small handed midgets with doctorates in mechanical engineering!

bring it on GM! i'm ready to replace the #7 spark plug in a 2002 SS Camaro!

will be trading the wives volvo at the end of summer for a 09 forester.

chris<pixelmonkey> :thumbsup:

Like working on a Polaris... :)

I will throw my hat in the ring here. I am somewhat of a subaru expert. I have owned 3, all very modified, with 99% of the work done by me.

The WRX and STI can most definitely tow just fine, and if you are having overheating issues, either something is wrong or you are doing something wrong.

Here are a couple pics of my last Subaru. Ignore the decals. I ran a business selling aftermarket upgrades for Subarus and such.

5927754818_c83c08e359_b_zpse2b73ddc.jpg

5927754674_abd2df5e07_b_zps36acd008.jpg

5927753728_e1c992d3a1_b_zpsbb41466e.jpg

Roughly 600hp at the crank. It spun all 4 wheels from a roll in 4th gear on the big boost map with the large nozzle on the meth injection kit. Horrible way to spend 60 grand. I got rid of it after the 3rd engine let go. 8k a pop for short blocks once a year started to get old fast.

Edited by Wrathchild