TM's?

I am intrigued by these bikes. I have read a couple of reviews that say they are rippin fast, but don't know anyone with one. Who has em? Which ones? How have they been performance and reliablity wise? Parts? And post pics if you can. They seem pretty sweet, especially the 2t.

reliability? parts? Never see them out here in CO, but what I've read they look like good bikes.

I live in Colorado and I have had a number of TMs....they are very good bikes. Bullet proof reliability and fantastic performance.

I happen to have a TM 400 4/S ISDE Replica bike for sale. It is new, custom made to special order. It has GP Ohlins front and rear, Titanium springs, Ohlins steering damper, ISDE seat, billet triple clamps, custom made folding brake pedal....lots of one off custom billet components, Enduro/ISDE computer, titanium bits here and there, works Gianelli full race exhaust system, TM blue printed and balance engine, spare parts as well...I have had this in my collect since I had it made to custom order. Since health problems prevent me from riding off road bikes, I am selling off most of my off road collection.

If interested contact

Doug (303) 761-4626 phone/fax

dougolmstedotr@hotmail.com

TM has been making exotics since 1976.....they have a long history of reliability and doing very well in racing (cart racing; Motorcycle racing MX, Enduro, ISDE, and various off road ventures...also very competative in SuperMoto/Motard racing)....

Tms are built by hand, and are actually works of art as well as being fantastic racing bikes. Parts are easily gotten in NA....there is both a USA and a Canada importer that support both new and used TMs in NA....

If you buy a TM you will most likely fall in love with it....a true Italian exotic....

good luck with your ride

:):applause:

I live in Colorado and I have had a number of TMs....they are very good bikes. Bullet proof reliability and fantastic performance.

I happen to have a TM 400 4/S ISDE Replica bike for sale. It is new, custom made to special order. It has GP Ohlins front and rear, Titanium springs, Ohlins steering damper, ISDE seat, billet triple clamps, custom made folding brake pedal....lots of one off custom billet components, Enduro/ISDE computer, titanium bits here and there, works Gianelli full race exhaust system, TM blue printed and balance engine, spare parts as well...I have had this in my collect since I had it made to custom order. Since health problems prevent me from riding off road bikes, I am selling off most of my off road collection.

If interested contact

Doug (303) 761-4626 phone/fax

dougolmstedotr@hotmail.com

TM has been making exotics since 1976.....they have a long history of reliability and doing very well in racing (cart racing; Motorcycle racing MX, Enduro, ISDE, and various off road ventures...also very competative in SuperMoto/Motard racing)....

Tms are built by hand, and are actually works of art as well as being fantastic racing bikes. Parts are easily gotten in NA....there is both a USA and a Canada importer that support both new and used TMs in NA....

If you buy a TM you will most likely fall in love with it....a true Italian exotic....

good luck with your ride

:):applause:

I want one now after reading that:thumbsup:

I picked up my third (new) 530 enduro last weekend. Reasons for me to choose this bike : beauty & reliability :cry::):applause:

Parts supply is no problem at all over here, send a mail to the dealer and max. 2 days later the postman rings (sometimes twice :banghead: ).

They do look sweet. Any pics from TM owners? For the type of riding I do, the 250 or 300 2t would be the bike for me. And it's Italian! Glad to hear that reliablilty has been good. Its hard to tell sometimes with an exotic what it is going to be like, and how hard parts will be to get.

Every bike on the planet with the exception of the TM uses the Keihin carbureator. How well does the Mikuni equipped TM do as far as fuel economy and jetting for altitude? I know all bikes run rich at 5,000 compared to sea level, but some do better than others.

Greg

I think TMs are produced in limited numbers and they are made by hand. That is why you don't see many around. From pictures I've seen of them I would be afraid to ride one. I would put it in my living room next to the TV so I can stare at it!

Every bike on the planet with the exception of the TM uses the Keihin carbureator. How well does the Mikuni equipped TM do as far as fuel economy and jetting for altitude? I know all bikes run rich at 5,000 compared to sea level, but some do better than others.

Greg

Only the 4T enduros have been using the Mikuni. All the 2T and the 4T MX TMs use Keihin. I don't think the Mikuni is necessarily bad, there is just alot more experience (and parts available) for the Keihin. The difficulty is that TMs are set up to run on RON95 euro fuels, and rejetting to run on 87, 89, or even 92 ((RON+MON)/2) US spec fuels is problematic at times.

Only the 4T enduros have been using the Mikuni. All the 2T and the 4T MX TMs use Keihin. I don't think the Mikuni is necessarily bad, there is just alot more experience (and parts available) for the Keihin. The difficulty is that TMs are set up to run on RON95 euro fuels, and rejetting to run on 87, 89, or even 92 ((RON+MON)/2) US spec fuels is problematic at times.

I should have been more specific about the Enduro line using the Mikuni's. For jetting's sake, I could mix Trick 101 unleaded with 91 premium and end up around 95 or 96 I think.

Greg

They do look sweet. Any pics from TM owners? For the type of riding I do, the 250 or 300 2t would be the bike for me. And it's Italian! Glad to hear that reliablilty has been good. Its hard to tell sometimes with an exotic what it is going to be like, and how hard parts will be to get.

MarcomoO,

It just so happens that I have a really clean 2005 TM 300en for sale. Ohlins front and rear done by Pro Valve, new Pro Circuit pipe, fresh rubber front and rear, new clutch and new Renthal cr high bars. Plastics, seat cover are in excellent conditon. The bike has the normal wear marks on engine cases and frame. The frame does have a few dings from log and rock crossings. The bike has been stone reliable for me. I bought this bike directly from the importer in late 05. Parts that I have needed have been no problem either from Dan @ MotoExotica or Dave at MotoXerotica. The Motor on this bike is an absolute stud. The billet parts on the TMs are works of art. I hate to part with it but need to thin the herd. With 07 KTM 300, 200, 06 Husaberg 450, 05 Husky 510, 2000 VOR 503 and the TM I need to sell something to justify the 09 Husaberg and am drooling over. To many bikes = to much maintainence= to little seat time! PM me and I can send you some pictures of the TM. It is beautful!

we don't have many TM''s around here, the one guy i know with one hates the thing, he's had terrible luck with it, wheel bearings, water pump, cam bearings, he also has a sherico 5.1 and says it isn't much better, best bike he's had was a KTM 525 he recans.

I owned a few years back a 2002 and a 2003 TM 250 MX ( 2 stroke ) and they were both great motorcycles. I rode strictly MX and SX. I purchased them from the TM dealer in South Florida Mudd Enterprises in West Palm Beach, Fl. Always drew a crowd at the local track.:smirk:

JO

Thank you. That confirmed what I already knew. Now if I knew for certain whether mixing 100 PON + 90 PON would result in 95 PON I would be set. Truth be told I don't think it does.

Greg

when ever someone criticizes a bike i would like to meet them and look at the bike and im sure i will see some lack of maintenance on his/her part.

i bought a 2002 400 and not a dime was dropped on the bike.

how do i know?

i investigated through the grapevine and realized the first and second ownwer beat the crap out of it and all they did was maybe change the oil.

i pulled out the air filter and it looked like an archeological find.....

but i can tell you by having the bike in pieces on my work benches the motor is unlike any jap bike i have or seen .

everything is thicker and there is more material througout the cases and despite the extra beef the motor is about as heavy as my yz426 or crf450.

dont beleive me?

dont care...

the frame is at least as light as my kx125 frame

i will keep you all informed as to how this project is going as i said i would earlier.

when i came accross this bike it was cheap so it was an easy decision to buy it.

i knew it was a project bike so i was already used to that.

i wanted to buy the new ktm530 dual purpose but i am holding until i ride the tm.

i ride the woods in northern quebec,canada and they are very rocky ,hilly,and at times wet.

so ktm is the perfect bike out of the box for up here but i want to give the tm the benefit of the doubt.

i will ride it this year and compare it to other bikes i rode and give u my feedback

cheers all and have a good year

I am intrigued by these bikes. I have read a couple of reviews that say they are rippin fast, but don't know anyone with one. Who has em? Which ones? How have they been performance and reliablity wise? Parts? And post pics if you can. They seem pretty sweet, especially the 2t.

I have a TM450 Enduro and it is a very nice bike and very good to ride.

The parts are available at the import company, but in the aftermarket it s rare to see parts of them. You need to order original parts tha makes it a bit more expensive.

As far as I know the 450 MX uses the Keihin :thumbsup:

when ever someone criticizes a bike i would like to meet them and look at the bike and im sure i will see some lack of maintenance on his/her part.

i bought a 2002 400 and not a dime was dropped on the bike.

how do i know?

i investigated through the grapevine and realized the first and second ownwer beat the crap out of it and all they did was maybe change the oil.

i pulled out the air filter and it looked like an archeological find.....

but i can tell you by having the bike in pieces on my work benches the motor is unlike any jap bike i have or seen .

everything is thicker and there is more material througout the cases and despite the extra beef the motor is about as heavy as my yz426 or crf450.

dont beleive me?

dont care...

the frame is at least as light as my kx125 frame

i will keep you all informed as to how this project is going as i said i would earlier.

when i came accross this bike it was cheap so it was an easy decision to buy it.

i knew it was a project bike so i was already used to that.

i wanted to buy the new ktm530 dual purpose but i am holding until i ride the tm.

i ride the woods in northern quebec,canada and they are very rocky ,hilly,and at times wet.

so ktm is the perfect bike out of the box for up here but i want to give the tm the benefit of the doubt.

i will ride it this year and compare it to other bikes i rode and give u my feedback

cheers all and have a good year

If you are still around, what happened with this bike?