An RM-250 with an Aluminum frame ~ it lives!!

ty davis has one of those, they are gaining popularity amongst the pros

that looks badass. does that frame handle better than the rm frame tho?

that is a sweet bike.

Looks bad ass. I wonder why they use a 2001 motor though? I thought the 2003 and above motors are better?

Regardless of which year engine is used, these MPS guys must be congratulated for the conversion, and I wish them all the sales success in the world! Whether or not the aluminum frame handles netter is academic - it's a sales item. Most potential buyers will think that an aluminum frame "must" be better since all the Japanese 4-strokes have gone that route (and Yamaha's YZ's). Every sale they make, is one less new bike from the manufacturers. Hopefully, with KTM's 2-stroke success, the AMA's and the (proposed) FIM rule changes, and guys like MPS, some sense will be knocked back into the Japanese manufacturers heads and they'll develop 2-strokes with comparable technology to their current 4-strokes. Being an off-road guy ('98 RMX250) now that my mx days are over, I would love nothing more than to see modern 2-stroke off-road variants of any potential new 2-stroke mx bikes.

Great to see! And I thought Service Honda was the only ones making the 450/500 conversions. MPS has done them one better with the RM250.

Those frames look so much better to the eyes... and they look better even after a lot of use no paint to wear because its chrome isn't it? Well either way they don't seem to age visually.

No its aluminium. Are you from Australia?

I just got an email from MPS. They said that a bike just like this is scheduled to be tested by Motocross Action Magazine around May, with a full print up on that test appearing in the July issue.

That should answer a number of questions.

Man, i am fighting the urge to buy a frame and make my own conversion. I am assuming all the components of the RM are stiull used, aside from the frame, subframe and plastics/tank.

Might be worth looking into.

Still wondering why they chose a 2001 motor for that build....

P.S. Isn't that RM250AF build more like a 2002+ CR250? Better or worse? Definitely way more expensive.

Man, i am fighting the urge to buy a frame and make my own conversion. I am assuming all the components of the RM are stiull used, aside from the frame, subframe and plastics/tank.

Might be worth looking into.

the rm-z motor is 3/4" wider where it goes between the swing-arm so for alignment purposes it would be a lot easier if you use the rm swing-arm in the rm-z frame. i gotta tell you that seems like a much easier conversion tham i am in the middle of..... if you had the rm-z frame,plastics,tank and seat, you should be able to use pretty much everything else from an rm

No its aluminium. Are you from Australia?

Oh durr, haha.

I'm from New Zealand :applause:

Good on ya for having a sense of humour!:applause:

MPS is in my state of OHIO. I seriosly considering this. They say a conversion is from $1,500 to $2,500. IF I can do it for the cheaper I might. Then part out what is left of my 04 rm250

Oh durr, haha.

I'm from New Zealand :applause:

so do kiwis and auzzies get all upset when people mistake them??

i know back in the UK, the Welsh get really upset if people think they are English...ironically, the Welsh and the Kiwis have sheep in common, baaaaa, LOL!!!

oh, and if people are bothered by the prices Service Honda have to charge, dont be- they have spent hundreds of man hours developing and testing their setups so you can slap land a jump without the engine dropping out....plus, their engines are brand new.

its funny, but they also do repairs on frames that have been hacked up by people trying to do it on the cheap.

so do kiwis and auzzies get all upset when people mistake them??

i know back in the UK, the Welsh get really upset if people think they are English...ironically, the Welsh and the Kiwis have sheep in common, baaaaa, LOL!!!

No I don't think so. We are all pretty relaxed and enjoy a laugh and we dig at the Aussies and they dig at us, but we always seem to get along. But we give our all against each other on the sporting fields.

I was having a crack at the Aussies by asking if Michael N if he was an Aussie because he asked such a dumb question. But as you can see he can laugh at himself.

Now the Aussies are notorious for claiming famous New Zealander's as their own. A few examples, Stefan Merriman, Brad Williscroft, Russell Crowe (we are happy for them to claim him lol) Phar Lap, Pavlova, Crowded House and many more which don't currently come to mind.

As for the sheep thing whenever an Aussie brings that joke up I tell them this.

At the age of 15 every New Zealand teenage boy gets his own pet sheep which he shags relentlessly for a year until he turns 16. After a year of pumping it full of sperm the sheep is sent to the meat works, slaughtered and packaged up and exported to the Australian dinner table! :applause:

As for the sheep thing whenever an Aussie brings that joke up I tell them this.

At the age of 15 every New Zealand teenage boy gets his own pet sheep which he shags relentlessly for a year until he turns 16. After a year of pumping it full of sperm the sheep is sent to the meat works, slaughtered and packaged up and exported to the Australian dinner table! :smirk:

And yet, that still sounds better then the shit they do to our meat here in the states.