Help With Sticky Throttle

My CRF has a problem in the throttle. It only sticks when it is wide open, other than that it slowly snaps back. I have changed both throttle cables, the upper and lower throttle housing and the glide. I had the carb out and it seemed to be working fine. Any thiughts to make this go away would be great. Thanks!!

Check the throttle tube. And check where it hits the grip. Make sure its clean and clears the handguards or bar ends.

yeah make sure the grip is not touching anything

grip looks clear of anything. I took the throttle off of the bars to see if it was a routing issue but it still does the same thing. Is there a spring in the carb that can fail?

The FCR slide is on rollers, and they can get gummed up.

Try lubing your throttle cables a little bit? If you glued your grips make sure there isn't any residue that got through to the bar? I'm just shooting out ideas. :applause:

When I had the carb out I cleaned it well. When I take the throttle apart from the grip and pull it buy hand it dosent stick.

When I had the carb out I cleaned it well. When I take the throttle apart from the grip and pull it buy hand it dosent stick.

So without the grip on the throttle, the throttle is not sticky?

I didnt take the grip off, just disconnected both cables and pulled with my hands and It didnt stick. I put it back together and it sticks again. I have the throttle detached from the bars to check to see if it was routed wrong but it still sticks.

you mean with the throttle tube still on the bars but the grip removed it dosent stick? if thats the case i would say the end of your grip is touching the end of the handle bar or something.

EDIT: i think we posted at the same time oh well haha.

throttle tube is off and still sticking

reinstall everything, with no grip in the throttle tube and see if it is still sticking. There may also be a small piece of something in the throttle tube assembly. It the cables slide freely the problem has to be with the throttle tube.

I would disassemble every thing. Clean all parts. Typically throttles become sticky when it gums up between the throttle and the bars. Or the grip is rubbing on the throttle housing. I use fluid film lube to lube every thing and a cable lubber to lube the cable. Also like mentioned above check the carb side of things and see if the FCR slice is gummed up.

My CRF has a problem in the throttle. It only sticks when it is wide open, other than that it slowly snaps back. I have changed both throttle cables, the upper and lower throttle housing and the glide. I had the carb out and it seemed to be working fine. Any thiughts to make this go away would be great. Thanks!!

Same thing happend to me, replace the throttle tube and that should fix it. What happens is the plastic end on the throttle tube with the grove for the cable wears down.. then when u twist the throttle the cable slips out of the grove and catches.

mine did the same thing.................turns out the throttle tube was packed with dirt

im new with the cables. cant be the running as i have no tension on them. I just bought new tube tonight, tuesday....

nice pic

I had that problem when I replaced my throttle tube. It turned when I reassembled it the cables slipped out of the grooves on the white plastic piece.

get a bunch of wd 40 and open the housing to the tube,spray the crap out of it and it should do the tick,and lube the cable as well

did you ever get this figured out?