2005 crf230 battery

Do you have the old battery still?

If so, just go match it to one at walmart..

Now I know, some people will say "screw walmart batterys, they go bad!" I've never had a problem with a wally world battery.. As long as you maintain it, it will be fine!

Not to mention, with a 3 year warrenty, and typically less then HALF the price of a "quality" battery, thats all I go with! lol

Last time I replaced my sport bike battery, Honda said $85.. Went to wally world, $34.. :applause:

thanks towlieee. i was just going to see if any one knew it so i didn't have to tear the bike apart to get at the battery. haha. my dads friend works as a distributor so he gets a good discount on them. and i would trust the wal-mart batteries nothing wrong with wally world!

Just make sure with a new battery, use a 2amp or less charger!

I personally use a 1.5amp $18 charger I got at walmart..

If you charge it up at more then 2 amps, it'll make the battery lose a lot of life and hold less of a charge!

I even think they recommend 1amp for the first charge, but I always just run 1.5 :applause:

(just lookin out for ya, cause I know ALL my friends would just use 10-50 amp chargers on their bike batterys before I told them!)

edit: Also you gotta spend like $5-$9 (I forgot what it was) when you buy a new battery, unless you give them your old battery.

So definitely good to take your old battery out unless you have a extra battery to trade ?

thanks alot man. i probably would have done it. and as of now that 30 something dollars on a burnt battery would kill me. im tryin to save up to race this year. mite be buying my friends yzf for 2000. and that already leaves me about 500 in the hole after selling my current ride. i still need ama card, numbers a neck brace and a new jersey. it all adds up. haha. thanks for the help man. ive seen you on stunt life hang round. keep stuntin man :applause:

thanks alot man. i probably would have done it. and as of now that 30 something dollars on a burnt battery would kill me. im tryin to save up to race this year. mite be buying my friends yzf for 2000. and that already leaves me about 500 in the hole after selling my current ride. i still need ama card, numbers a neck brace and a new jersey. it all adds up. haha. thanks for the help man. ive seen you on stunt life hang round. keep stuntin man ?

oh ya one thing I forgot to add

If you haven't tried using a 2amp charger on your old battery, you could try that and see how it goes..

My sport bike battery went dead on me, and I just charged it up and its been fine for over 6 months now lol.. I just make sure to put it on the charger at least every week or two

Also the $18 charger at walmart has a thing you wire to the battery, and puts a quick disconnect on your bike, that way you can just walk up, plug the cahrger in, and be done.. Instead of having to remove stuff to access the battery :applause:

• 3 weeks later...

Another great place is Pepboys. I added the battery acid that's included. Tapped in the top. Charged for about an hour. Good to go. And the best thing was that it only cost $25.00. Cant beat that.