crf 150 or 230f

before i buy my first dirt bike i was choosing between which of these crf 150 or 230f?

well its hard to help you when we dont know what your gona use it for, how tall are you, what experience you have, where you gona ride.

well its hard to help you when we dont know what your gona use it for, how tall are you, what experience you have, where you gona ride.

+1

Also is this your first bike? And what kind of riding do you see yourself doing in a year or two?

didnt we answer your questions there.

im 5 7 and its my first bike just going to ride around the yard and maybe take it to some trails

Get the 230 for your height. sit on both bikes, move them around, see if you can pick them with ease.

Get the 50 its great for a yard...

why would he get a 50 for trails.

I love my 50 for trails haha

But in all reality, I'd personally say a 150f..

Just because they are easier to throw around, you'll probably be able to flat foot it, and you shouldn't ever have problems in trails..

The 230 gives you more to grow into, but doesn't leave much room for putting your feet down..

I'm 5'11" and I still find myself in places in the woods, where I can't get my foot down, and I gotta dump it over lol

It all just depends on what YOUR looking for

im going for the 230 because i found some empty lots that are very large which is plenty of room for a 230

why would he get a 50 for trails.

He wants to ride in the yard....

im going for the 230 because i found some empty lots that are very large which is plenty of room for a 230

Are you going for stunt riding? onroad or offroad racing? Or just playing around in everything (woods/parkinglot/yard?)

If your going for stunting, I'd recommend the 150f.. 230 is just too big for the power it has, if you want a full sized bike like the 230 for stunting, IMO get a bigger bike like a 250f/450r.. Or get a 150f to have a mid sized stunt bike..

If your wanting to go fast in a parkinglot/fields/track, definitely get a 230

If your looking to do pretty much only trail riding, I'd say the 150f..

But for all around riding, I'd say 230.. That way you can have more power in the open

Thats my 2 cents :applause::)

He wants to ride in the yard....

he is also doing trails.

he is also doing trails.

little bikes are fun as hell in the woods...

or before 2 strokes die buy a yz 85

an 85 is about the same size as the 150 but with much more power, lighter, and a better suspension

an 85 expert (bigwheel version) is about the same size (seat hight) as the 230 but lighter, better suspended and a bit more acceleration

an 85 might be a little too much for a brand new beginner but you could get use to it :applause:

or before 2 strokes die buy a yz 85

if you do get an 85 take it easy until you get used to it.

IMO I don't think a 2 stroke would be as great for woods riding..

No low end torque, doesn't like to lug down in the woods well..

150/230f are GREAT for trail riding (hence why they are called trail bikes)

ALL kinds of low end torque.. Bikes like the 150r dream they had as much torque under 5k rpm as the 230 :applause::)

But ya a 85 definitely is faster, and better at hitting jumps.. BUt personally I'd hate one for trail riding

I love being able to come around a corner on my 150f, in 2dn or 4th gear, and still be able to pull away from the corner :cry:

IMO I don't think a 2 stroke would be as great for woods riding..

No low end torque, doesn't like to lug down in the woods well..

150/230f are GREAT for trail riding (hence why they are called trail bikes)

ALL kinds of low end torque.. Bikes like the 150r dream they had as much torque under 5k rpm as the 230 :applause::)

But ya a 85 definitely is faster, and better at hitting jumps.. BUt personally I'd hate one for trail riding

I love being able to come around a corner on my 150f, in 2dn or 4th gear, and still be able to pull away from the corner :eek:

Couldnt have summed it up better than that :banghead::foul::eek::cry: