Triton Gncc @ Melbourne

March 1-4 @ Melbourne, Fl. anybody know exactly where this race is going to be held? Concidering all the land closures throughout the state, cant imagine it would be close to town. Or is this race held in Holopaw at the farmers land?

A shout out to the Friday club riders, if you guys are interesed, maybe we could all get together and party spectate this event... let me know. Mark

Its on the Kempfer family ranch, I think FTR had races there years and years ago. Its off of 192 12 miles west of I-95, I'm not familiar with the area so I don't know how far away from town that is.

FTR ran Kemper Ranch HS ~ 2 yrs ago. It borders the Sub Estates area. I can't imagine it being to tough of a track since all that was there was scrub palm roots, did I say a lot of scrub palm roots? I meant a lot of scrub palm roots!!!

Don:thumbsup:

FTR ran Kemper Ranch HS ~ 2 yrs ago. It borders the Sub Estates area. I can't imagine it being to tough of a track since all that was there was scrub palm roots, did I say a lot of scrub palm roots? I meant a lot of scrub palm roots!!!

How long before you're riding again? This event is way too soon, right?

Scott,

I have relative good motion in the arm/collarbone now (can twirl it around and above my head) but what is the big concern is a torn Tersa Fascia Lata (the big muscle/tendon on outside right hip). I have a "blob" (affectionately called) about 8" in diameter that is filed with blood/fluid (sub-epidermus hematoma) and have had it drained (real fun!!!) twice so far but has filed up again:foul: . They shot Steroids (there goes my racing career, now I'll be in front of Congress some day:eek: ) in there to try and calm it down but I think the only resolve will be some kind of surgery (SUCKS if that is so). I will probably be riding street before dirt depending on outcome.

btw, I really was trying to make the ROCK event and was thinking of the GNCC too!!

Scott,

I have relative good motion in the arm/collarbone now (can twirl it around and above my head) but what is the big concern is a torn Tersa Fascia Lata (the big muscle/tendon on outside right hip). I have a "blob" (affectionately called) about 8" in diameter that is filed with blood/fluid (sub-epidermus hematoma) and have had it drained (real fun!!!) twice so far but has filed up again:foul: . They shot Steroids (there goes my racing career, now I'll be in front of Congress some day:eek: ) in there to try and calm it down but I think the only resolve will be some kind of surgery (SUCKS if that is so). I will probably be riding street before dirt depending on outcome.

btw, I really was trying to make the ROCK event and was thinking of the GNCC too!!

I guess I missed the thread explaining what happened?

March 1-4 @ Melbourne, Fl. anybody know exactly where this race is going to be held? Concidering all the land closures throughout the state, cant imagine it would be close to town. Or is this race held in Holopaw at the farmers land?

A shout out to the Friday club riders, if you guys are interesed, maybe we could all get together and party spectate this event... let me know. Mark

I'll be out of town that weekend. Did you get another dirt bike yet?

Its about 12 miles in the middle of no where! east of 95 is where "town" starts... west is just a barren road.

And yes the trail will be cut straight through palmetto bushes which ='s giant stump like protrusions from the ground and lots of sand.

I'll be out of town that weekend. Did you get another dirt bike yet?

Unfortunitly no, still have the little Pitt bike and it's still for sale boys...

help me get rid of the thing so I can ride something bigger! PLEASE

Travis Pastrana #199 has entered the race. Factory FMF/Suzuki to give him a RM250. If you've never seen him ride in person all I can say is that he puts on one hell of a show. Might challenge for the win but I don't think he has the endurance to last for 3 hours against the top pro's (given his hectic schedules due to rally car racing and other shows). Capt D.

I was driving by the Kempfer area this past weekend and saw several groups of vehicles (trucks, ATV's) off to the south of 192. It seemed they were setting up flags (like on a golf course). Were they laying out the course for the race? It was right around the county line between Brevard and Osceola.

Mark - I would be up for spectating one day if possible. What day do you have in mind?

MarkC

Unfortunitly no, still have the little Pitt bike and it's still for sale boys...

Come on Mark. You need something soon. your not getting younger you know.

I would like to go next week but real busy. It will have to be last minute for me.

Me & Bryan plan on being there. Someone said Scott Summers may be there riding for BMW? Cant wait!!!

Travis Pastrana #199 has entered the race. Factory FMF/Suzuki to give him a RM250. If you've never seen him ride in person all I can say is that he puts on one hell of a show. Might challenge for the win but I don't think he has the endurance to last for 3 hours against the top pro's (given his hectic schedules due to rally car racing and other shows). Capt D.

Where did you get that info? I can't find it anywhere...

:smirk:

Any GNCC riders looking for some practice? We will be riding an area very similar to the Kempfer ranch. It is just up the road a bit towards St. Cloud. Lots of sand, some quasi single track, a little mud, a lot of fast trails. We don't race but probably could hold our own in a adult "C" class. Your welcome to ride with us (just 2 so far, CRF 450 and KTM 300). If you are interested send me a PM and I will give you directions. This is private land and requires a key to get in. We can meet at the gate.

MarkC :smirk:

I'll be at the race, pedaling around on a red Gary Fisher.

I havent lost enough marbles to try and race a dirtbike for 3 hours yet, a harescramble a year is all I can take....

March 1-4 @ Melbourne, Fl. anybody know exactly where this race is going to be held? Mark

The race will be held at the Kempfer Ranch. From I95, go west on 192 for 12.2 miles, turn onto CR419 (Deer Park Rd.) and follow the signs.

The race will be held at the Kempfer Ranch. From I95, go west on 192 for 12.2 miles, turn onto CR419 (Deer Park Rd.) and follow the signs.

It should be marked, but the Kemper's is on the south side of 192, the north is all Mormon owned land. Look for the Sawmill Signs.

I drove in and checked it out on the way home today. Doesn't look very spectator friendly. Filled with quads today. Not sure if I'll make it.