Sign in to follow this  

Berik Pro VS. A-stars Tech3

ok i have finally narrowed down my choices on what my next boots will be and im having a hard time choosing on either the Berik Pro or the Alpinestars tech3. i need to know which one is more durable, flexible, comfortable and has the most traction on any surface. :applause:

Well the beriks are the worst boot you could waste your money on. So, unless you want to have to buy new boots after a few rides (like I did), get ANYTHING other than beriks.

I grew out of my Tech 8s after one month of having them so I got some 3s and they are awesome.

Well the beriks are the worst boot you could waste your money on. So, unless you want to have to buy new boots after a few rides (like I did), get ANYTHING other than beriks.

Well I dont understand that, I bought a pair of BERIKS and I love them.

I got them at a discount price of $80 and I would have paid more.

They are very comparable to Tech 3's fit wise but the $80 price tag made the deal. After 4 rides they still look and feel good, no problems yet.

I paid 160$ for mine when I got them thinking it was a good deal. 3 rides later, I noticed the second strap from the bottom (the one the ankle support relies on) was cracking/breaking off at the stitching. Every time my ankle flexes, it breaks a little more. After, I'm guessing 1 more ride the strap will break off completely and the ankle support (and strap obviously) will be useless.

There are also many other people having these crappy boots crack/break. I'm just warning him there is a VERY good chance that they will be useless very soon and it would be a good idea to buy any other boots.

Had my berik boots they were magic mine were the OVS RC ones right enough don't buy FOX boots now those are Crap

Had my berik boots they were magic mine were the OVS RC ones right enough don't buy FOX boots now those are Crap

yup the OVS Pro RC is whats on my mind. i was going to buy the Tech3s but then i learned about the Beriks which look very promising at a decent price. FOX is out of the list cuz i know for a fact that Fox gear don't last that long thanks to first hand experence.

does the Berik Pro RC come with an all terrain sole?? if yes then its going to be a matter on where i find myself much more comfortable between the Tech3 and OVS pro.

The beriks I have are the RC ones. So don't think I'm talking about the lower end boots and if you get the RC's you will be ok. Seriously get the tech 3's or the Gaerne Cyphers. Even better would be get the ARC 240's or closeout oxtar TCX pro's.

I have the berik pro RC edition boots also. I have probably around 20 HARD rides on them and they are holding up awesome. They was a lil uncomfortable at first but it's all good now.

I paid 160$ for mine when I got them thinking it was a good deal. 3 rides later, I noticed the second strap from the bottom (the one the ankle support relies on) was cracking/breaking off at the stitching. Every time my ankle flexes, it breaks a little more. After, I'm guessing 1 more ride the strap will break off completely and the ankle support (and strap obviously) will be useless.

There are also many other people having these crappy boots crack/break. I'm just warning him there is a VERY good chance that they will be useless very soon and it would be a good idea to buy any other boots.

Do you remember what model you had? Mine have the cheesey RC logo on them. I am guessing that is the OVS. Anyway I am going to watch for the cracking. This weekend I did have a problem with the top buckle on the left boot popping open. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

I just ordered some Berik Contenders for my son from Honda East Toledo on E-bay. They had a "best offer" auction and I wound up getting them for $35 plus $11 shipping. They are disposable at that price. Hopefully they will hold up till he outgrows them.

Yes I have the pro signature RC verion or whatever you want to call them. This was only because they sent them by mistake (I ordered the regular OVS model). They also were very uncomfortable and my feet would hurt for a while after taking them off.

it seems like the beriks are getting a lot of negative revues especially on the buckles and on comfort. i also got the same comments on another moto forum that i visit so this leads me to go and buy the Tech3s instead. thanks for the info guys and i really appreciate your help. :applause:

now which color should i choose?? :) should it be brown or black??

I really like the comfort but the buckles have me a little worried. Oh well maybe I can get 1 season out of them.