2005 or 2006 yz125

Ok guys, i'm selling my rmz and going back to the beloved, fun, bullet proof (with regular and proper maintenance) 2 stroke:applause: . I'm sick of worrying about valves and everything else that comes with a 4 stroke. My question is what year yz125 should I pick up? it's definetly going to be an 05 or 06, can someone tell me the pros and cons of each? I'm about 5 foot 8, 135 pounds, I ride hare scrambles and woods and ride pretty aggressively. Thanks for all your input guys.:applause: By the way, sorry if i offended anyone with the 4 stroke remarks.

The 06 is supposed to have much better forks and I hope so because I don't really like the forks on my 05. Other than that I think they changed some other minors things.

+1

...and the '06 engine is BETTER than the '05 :applause:

...there's nothing wrong with the '05 engine, it's just that the '06 spread of power throughout is PERFECT (something you will notice compared to the '05) and AWESOME for a 125 :)

+1

...and the '06 engine is BETTER than the '05 :applause:

...there's nothing wrong with the '05 engine, it's just that the '06 spread of power throughout is PERFECT (something you will notice compared to the '05) and AWESOME for a 125 :)

what he said:busted: i have an 06 yz125 and it rips and handles like a dream and has bottom end like no other 125 on the market:thumbsup:

'06 just for the suspenion alone the 2 piece handle bar clamps the ti shock spring the better fork / shock coatings the better ingition/ porting setup just some of the things oh and a better softer seat foam.

Thanks guys, looks like i'll be going with the 06.:applause:

Thanks guys, looks like i'll be going with the 06.:applause:

young man, you should!! :)

...and don't thank us, rather thank yourself for asking questions :cry:

Is there any explanation for the improved performance from the '06? Based on part numbers, the head and CDI unit appear to be the only things changed from the '05, and I can't imagine they are responsible for a dramatic increase in performance. Vertex and Wiseco use the same piston for years 2005-'08, which suggests that there wasn't much change there.

Anybody here know the difference between the '05 and '06 head and CDI?

boyz....i have to fess up about something....i just bought a 2005 yz125 and i already have a 2006 yz125 and i find that i like the suspension and power a tad bit better on the 2005 yz125....its not a great big difference...but the 2005 is my pick :thumbsup:

I've ridden both (in stock form), and while the 2005 is a great bike, I honestly liked the '06 model better because of the power delivery and suspension.

You could have either two '05's, or two '06's; If you would ride them back-to-back, compairing the same, supposedly identical, bikes, you would find them to have differences.

There are always subtle differences in tolerances, wear, set-up, etc. that cause no two bikes to feel the same.

When I was racing seriously, I was always amazed at how two bikes that I set up the same could feel so different. In fact, I would think it was my imagination, until I rode them back to back. :eek::thumbsup:

Then, sometimes, the part #'s will be exactly the same, between year models, but the parts may have a minor production change. This is usually very hard to detect.

You could have either two '05's, or two '06's; If you would ride them back-to-back, compairing the same, supposedly identical, bikes, you would find them to have differences.

There are always subtle differences in tolerances, wear, set-up, etc. that cause no two bikes to feel the same.

When I was racing seriously, I was always amazed at how two bikes that I set up the same could feel so different. In fact, I would think it was my imagination, until I rode them back to back. :D:eek:

Then, sometimes, the part #'s will be exactly the same, between year models, but the parts may have a minor production change. This is usually very hard to detect.

i agree with you...but i also had a buddy who is a longtime racer ride them back to back and he also liked the 2005 better for power and handling:excuseme: im just trying to let people know to not be scared to buy a 2005 yz125 instead of a 2006 or newer model....there is nothing wrong with a 2005 model as people have made out on this forum....trust me...i had just as soon part with the 06 than the 05 :thumbsup:

Ok guys, i'm selling my rmz and going back to the beloved, fun, bullet proof (with regular and proper maintenance) 2 stroke:applause: . I'm sick of worrying about valves and everything else that comes with a 4 stroke. My question is what year yz125 should I pick up? it's definetly going to be an 05 or 06, can someone tell me the pros and cons of each? I'm about 5 foot 8, 135 pounds, I ride hare scrambles and woods and ride pretty aggressively. Thanks for all your input guys.:eek: By the way, sorry if i offended anyone with the 4 stroke remarks.

as i have always advocated here in yami 2T forum, so much in the past, PLEASE do yourself a favor by settling for the 2006 YZ125 :D

TRUST ME ON THIS! :thumbsup:

i was a 125 rider before i ventured to the 250's world, and i know the differences between the '98, '02, '04, '05 and the '06 YZ125s after having ridden all of them in the trails owned by different friends, and even dealer/ importer friends. i also used to own a DT125 and an '03 YZ125.

as i have always advocated here in yami 2T forum, so much in the past, PLEASE do yourself a favor by settling for the 2006 YZ125 :D

TRUST ME ON THIS! :thumbsup:

i was a 125 rider before i ventured to the 250's world, and i know the differences between the '98, '02, '04, '05 and the '06 YZ125s after having ridden all of them in the trails owned by different friends, and even dealer/ importer friends. i also used to own a DT125 and an '03 YZ125.

what i said is just my opinion only....im sure everybody else is right and im wrong...but ill stick to my opinion on this one :eek:

Im saving for an 09 YZ 125 mmm cant wait!