Pipe Or Big Bore Kit??

those guys at factory connection would replace the springs and everything including revalving and all that for my weight?? I appreciate all the advise

Yes they do EVERYTHING.

they could even lower your bikes suspension if you needed it.

When you send them the suspension they will replace all wear parts.. bushings, seals ext. and the revalve you suspension for your weight, height, riding style and terrain.

Valving suspension is not just something you pick up in a week it takes years of experience to properly valve a suspension system and the guys at factory connection have all the numbers to work it out. This is one reason its so pricey.

There great, they will even send you a box to ship your suspension to them and they get wrenching on it within hours of receiving it and ship it out the same day.

they have two locations one in the east one out west also to cut down on shipping costs.

What I did-

290 Big bore kit, hotcams stage 2, shim kit from lukesracing.com $800

Suspension revalved, new springs, bushings, seals and oil done by pro-tec.us $600

GYTR AIS removal kit from dealer $47

GYTR muffler insert from dealer $46

Along with all the free mods...

Comes out just under your budget. I did everything but the suspension work and it was WORTH every penny. It rides like a completely different bike and I love it (not ashamed to say it).

There are no reliability issues with the 290 but if you go bigger than that then you are asking for trouble. IMO

I hope this help you

you may or may not need shims depending on how worn your valves are.

thats why...

i still say suspension before power. keep in mind your suspension is what keeps your rear wheel on the ground, putting the power you already have "to the pavement" so to speak.. or dirt?

now if your suspensions set up wrong with wrong springs and valving your your weight, that rear tire may not come in contact with the ground as much as you'd like it to.

So heres what im gonna do first of all take your advise send my suspension to factory connections and have it done.

Im still confused on what else to get though. Reading some ppl say to get the bb kit off lukes racing because u can get the bb kit hot cams and shim kit for 600? ive been to the lukes racing web page and it just has the 290 kit but no cams on there or anything? am i just not looking right place or what?

this money is burning a hole in my pocket so i need to hurry make a decesion but i want it to be the right one ya know.

And also i seen ppl with the 290 kit wit just the intake hot cam??? I def want a bb kit and a pipe just deciding which one is a bitch

okay hotcams are designed to run with both intake/exhaust you cants just get one.. your stock cams are great as it is.

Just get the BB kit and see how you like the power, if you feel you need more go and get some cams later on there easy to install and you dont have to take two steps back to put em in you just have to pop of the head cover.. its pretty painless.

now Lukes racing im sure is fine but i know people who have put over 500hours on an athena and have had no engine problems and the finish of the cylinder is better with larger water jackets so you dont overheat.

go ATHENA and just wait on the cams.. you may find out your 290 kit is all you need.

and you need to call up lukes to talk to them to get the pricing on the combo its not listed on there page.