Porland area plating update??

Anyone have an update on the status of getting bikes plated in the Portland area?

I have an '05 WR450.

I'd heard that the ________, __________ and _________ DMVs were the best, but that has been some time ago.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have an update on the status of getting bikes plated in the Portland area?

I have an '05 WR450.

I'd heard that the __________, __________ and __________ DMVs were the best, but that has been some time ago.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'd edit your post, have someone PM ya. DMV looks for this info, TT shows up in many search engines. They will use this info to close the loopholes.

I think only Tacotory can edit his own post. ????

Maybe he does not understand what to do, it's not really that obvious.

I bet 90% of TT listers think TT is somewhat private and they can discuss anything they want (even secrets). When you tell secrets with a bullhorn, don't be surprised if the door is closed (or the 'no trespassing' signs appear) before you get there.

Tacotory please edit out (delete) those agency names before those agencies get in trouble for helping us out. This list is PERMANENT, PUBLIC, and SEARCHABLE.

Once Google finds your post, and indexes it, your list of agencies will be permanently available to the entire world, including the DMV who wants to shut them down. So please edit your post soon because Google is crawling sites 24/7/365.:applause::)

Run a search or PM me. There are no loopholes but rather an undocumunted process you must go through.

Greg

Sorry guys- I edited my post. :applause::) I'll contact Humunn and see what he has to say.

Sorry guys- I edited my post. :):cry: I'll contact Humunn and see what he has to say.

Perfect on the edit! :applause: Now try one, and if it doesnt fly, say "hold off, the deal with the seller was I wanted it plated" then go to the next one, same line each time.

So you're saying that at some DMV's they are bending the rules? I would think they would get fired if they tried to do anything that was against the law. The places he listed have been talked about for years on here. It's top secret now? If you have a bike newer than a 05 I don't think it makes any difference where you go. :) Good luck, hope you get your plate.:applause:

So you're saying that at some DMV's they are bending the rules? I would think they would get fired if they tried to do anything that was against the law.

I wouldn't say "bending the rules" just not in the know................I talked to a guy who worked at the --------- DMV about plating, and he said "yeah some still hand out plates that don't know any better, but me, I know" then he winked at me. To me he was saying "if you want a plate, don't come here" :applause:

I think the whole situation is stupid because there are so many choppers around that are more illegal than a dirt bike that has been converted with all the required street legal equipment except for maybe a metal tank and DOT tires??????????????:smirk: Plus most of them don't have a legal helmet or mufflers :) And,, I see the latest thing for the crotch rocket kids is to remove the mirrors?? and signals and license plate light and it's cool to have an illegal plate mounting tucked up under the rear fender.