Need Wider Mirrors

I have a crg hindsight mirror on my drz and get a great view..I can also swivel it out of the way for tight squeezes if need be. It also fits on the bar along with the cycra pro-bend hand guards.

http://www.constructorsrg.com/mirrors/index.html

oops, I have the "LS" model

http://www.constructorsrg.com/mirrors/hindsight_ls.html

Thanks I will take a look that them...

Anybody got any recommendation on getting wider mirrors? The stock ones just don't cut it for me so I am wondering does anybody have or recommend something ?

Thanks

06 DRZ400s

Try moving things around a bit- put the clutch lever perch up to the grip- and the light switches on the other side- swap them on the bar- that will bring the mirror out to the outside a little more- might have to cut the clutch lever ball off- no big deal if you have hand guards.

just an option

I have some KTM mirrors on mine that are about an inch or two wider than the stock mirrors. Check My Garage for pictures. They're also lighter and much more adjustable than stock. They're not cheap though, they were about $35 each.

Looks good... May have to go that route.

Thanks for the tip! :applause:

check out my mod pics, I have one of the mirror extensions there, if you want more I have more, just PM me with your e-mail address and I can send them to you, the Koubas come in black and add 2 inches, I got black, with shipping they were just under $40, Twisted Throttle has some but they are close to $60, the extensions really made a difference, I couldn't see past my jacket elbows but now I can, the stock mirrors are pretty tough and I think this is an easy and effective mod to do

i like those ktm mirrors too. where would a person buy such a thing when he has no ktm shops anywhere around?

I ordered mine online. I don't remember which KTM shop it was though. I'll try to find the part number tomorrow, you should be able to google it and find someone selling them.

I have a big bucket of stock mirrors from various bikes over my 30+ years of riding. I've been really tempted to dig out some of the long, '70s era mirrors.

I wonder if there are any cruiser mirrors - OEM stock or aftermarket - that would work well. Of course they'd get a coat of flat black to cover the nasty chrome.

The stock DRZ mirrors are actually pretty darn good, especially regarding vibes. They're just not quite wide enough. I wonder about making some replacement stalks for them.

• 1 month later...
Anybody got any recommendation on getting wider mirrors? The stock ones just don't cut it for me so I am wondering does anybody have or recommend something ?

Thanks

06 DRZ400s

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pair-Black-Mirrors-Suzuki-DR200-DR350-DRZ400-DR650_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35587QQihZ009QQitemZ190215155007QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW there on my bike

I bought a pair of those dinky ones on Ebay. They do offer a much better view while standing still, but they vibrate badly when in motion. I'm thinking about getting the extensions for the stock mirrors, as they didn't vibrate at all... when I had them on the bike. But, man, the KTM mirrors are SWEET ?