Let Me Ask

The other day I had the chance to rev up the motor of a 2007 DRZ400S it didnt feel very powerfull or quick to rev is it me or are they just pigs until you rejet and pipe them.

You test rode it or just revved it parked ?

The bike can be woken up with proper rejet and 3x3 mod (do a search), and will definitely get better from there.

Streetfighter -

Depends on what you want it for, what you expect and what you are use to riding. If you are looking for the highest HP stock bike in the world, this isn't it. If you do the 3x3 mod (cut a hole in the airbox) and rejet - it really wakes the bike up. Skip the rejet and put on a FCR carb - bike is night and day different. Add a pipe, increase the power. The mods go on and on from there. There are plenty of reasons or benefits to own the Suzuki DRZ, I did some research and got one myself. I am not disappointed. It is the first bike that I owned myself. I had done quite a bit of riding on my friends' bikes, but this is the first for me. Depending on how you use it and what you expect, it can be easily modded to be a powerhouse. Stock they make in the low 30's for HP. Put about 2500 into it and you'll have about 45 HP. Put about 3800 and you will have 55 HP. Compare that to the very low initial purchase price and include the very easy maintenance/service intervals and it is a tough bike to beat.

Good luck,

Branden

So for $3800 I can get 55hp out of my Bike!?

Does that feel anything like being strapped to a rocket?

I'll let you know when I find out. I'm hoping I can't even hold on...

45 Hp is no Gixxer, but it will throw large high velocity rocks at anyone behind you.

Ride one, then tell me.

Up to about 65 they are sweet, no Gixer but you can hang with them in tight stuff and urban playgrounds.

Try Wheelieing off a curb or parking barrier on a Gixer!

More of an SV650 kind of feeling.

thats a very good way to describe it.