Best woods bike for me.

I'm 5'9" tall, 125 lbs without gear. Coming off of a CRF150F, what would be the best woods bike for me. I will be doing trail rides for a while but I do plan to start racing harescrambles pretty soon. As far as budget, I'm selling my 150 and have about $500 saved up. So probably $2500 at most.

thanks

For the price range your looking at I would recommend either a Kdx200/220 or if you are unable to find one I would also recommend a late model 125. Probably the Yz125 being the highest on the list of 125's. Despite the general concensus on here 125's are perfectly capable woods bikes. They just have to be ridden aggressively. Hence why I recommend the Kdx as a first choice.

I've owned 2 KTM200 EXC's and 2 KDX's a 200&220. I prefer the KDX's for tight nasty woods riding due to their smooth power delivery compared to the KTM's. You can do a ton of mods to a KDX to make it competitive.

A 125 in tight woods can be a handful due to keeping in on the pipe to get up and hills. Some smaller guys can rock the 125's in the woods though. If you can find an older (early '00's)KTM 125 EXC or same years Huskqarna WE 125 I would go for it. They are 125's built for woods riding.

Good luck.

since you have been riding already and stuff, why not get a late 90's to early 2000's YZ250? they are a good woods bike and are really realiable and easy to come by and easy to get parts for......if you dont have a KTM dealer near you they are pain to get parts (I owned a KTM 400 for a couple years)

hmm, only if you had a few more bucks. I'd say go with a mx 250F, any brand. I race a CRF250R for HareScrambles, perfect bike for HS in my opinion. I also came off a CRF150F 2 yrs ago, and went straight to a 250f. I do have to say, the KTM 300exc is one hell of a bike though!