You guys still on for Phoenix area.

Are you guys still on for a Phoenix area ride on March 7th-8th. Will be leaving the afternoon of the 6th and getting into Phoenix the next night. Would love to do a ride or two over the weekend. Will be at my moms in Apachee Junction, but obviously would meet up where ever. I posted earlier. I would consider myself an average rider, and just want to do a fun ride. Stock tank so could only do 50 miles before fill up.

Sounds like a good reason to hit up some Sycamore single track on Saturday. On Friday you should hook up with Dustee for a loop out by his place. Keep us informed and we'll get you in on a ride.

dustee and i could show you a cool 35 miles loop

That would be great. Nice looking area still green in March? I was down last year around the same time and it was pretty hot (for me). Will it still be green or starting to dry out by then.

That would be great. Nice looking area still green in March? I was down last year around the same time and it was pretty hot (for me). Will it still be green or starting to dry out by then.

hard to say. could be either

Ok guys I will be showing up Friday night (7th). I will be done the night of the 7th as I will need some sleep after a 24hr no sleep road trip. Are you still interested in a ride or two on the 8th and 9th? I would be happy with just about anything to get out and ride some or your areas. I will be staying in Apache Junction. Directions, times, what ever would be great.

Carl, are you still up for leading a N. Sycamore ride on Sat. March 8? Hope so.

Carl, are you still up for leading a N. Sycamore ride on Sat. March 8? Hope so.

If he isn't I might be...depending on the what the scoop is for the race at ET.

I may-may-may be able to lead/and or ride at Syc on SUNDAY. I will know by Sat by about 8 PM.

There will be a tour of Sycamore on Saturday or Sunday. You guys pan out the day and I'll be there. I've got a new trail added to my growing list. We'll head up PaintBall & PickAxe and go from there.

There will be a tour of Sycamore on Saturday or Sunday. You guys pan out the day and I'll be there. I've got a new trail added to my growing list. We'll head up PaintBall & PickAxe and go from there.

Don't ya wanna see the Fat Man Pass?

I'm following the back and forth, so just let me know. Having one of you guys to follow around would be great. If nothing else I would appreciate some directions to a riding area, and I could dink around and just ride some obvious stuff. So looking foreward to this trip, snow still in the yard at home. Just cleaned the air filter, oiled the spare, changed oil/filter, painted the carrier, new Moose Sahara gear to try, and first real ride in many months.

I'm following the back and forth, so just let me know. Having one of you guys to follow around would be great. If nothing else I would appreciate some directions to a riding area, and I could dink around and just ride some obvious stuff. So looking foreward to this trip, snow still in the yard at home. Just cleaned the air filter, oiled the spare, changed oil/filter, painted the carrier, new Moose Sahara gear to try, and first real ride in many months.

Looks like a ride on Sat or Sun. Watch this board for the next few days and the date and time will firm up. PM solo and maybe myself with your contact info. Syc is a bout 30-40 minutes from A.J. Shit, thanks for reminding me, I gotta go paint my carrier...

what type of riding do you do up there, track? rocks? goat trail etc.... Like sean said we could take ya out for a ride it is just south on the 60 from aj... is your bike plated? lemme know

I ride mainly 70% FS roads, fire roads, skidder trails, FS trails. We ride some areas that are rocky, but not boulder size rocks. A lot of basalt with dirt and sage brush mixed in that keeps you down in 2nd or beats your brains out after a while. The river rock is softball sized near the creaks, but not very much of it because mainly riding mountains. I also hit the sage brush cow trails early before they become powder. The ride you and Sean showed me looked similar to riding we do just less dirt obviously. I would gladly take you up on that ride you mentioned, and then something else if there was time. I won't be in good riding shape as this will be the first trip, but as long as I don't go crazy I'm good for a lot of hours. Then add in a little scenic photo ops and trail side chats I could easily ride one area then load up and meet up with someone else. I am just stoked a couple people are interested in trying to show me a couple places. The bike is not plated yet (Reason for bringing the bike). Work got in the way of getting it plated on Friday, so I have to wait until Monday now to hit the AZ DMV. So, how far are you talking to ride it on the road, what are the odds of getting stopped?

From the sounds of it a ride with Woody & Sean out their way might be more up to your liking. The stuff we are talking about doing out at Sycamore is some of the area's best desert single track. It can be tough going and slow at times. I don't mind leading anyone on those trails but you should be prepared for it.

Tom, Saturday or Sunday? I need to make my plans for the weekend.

I may-may-may be able to lead/and or ride at Syc on SUNDAY. I will know by Sat by about 8 PM.

Tom, Saturday or Sunday? I need to make my plans for the weekend.

I am leaning towards Sunday also. Might take Chase out there on Saturday if he forgets about the race at ET this weekend.

I wanna get over to that side of town. I sent my flywheel out today (2 day del.) for a larger weight so hopefully I'll get it back before this weekend.

speaking from experiance sycamore can be a hellish workout and even become unenjoyable if your not a good rider or at least used to good single track. not trying to scare you, just a warning, as i dont know how good of a rider you are. im up for a loop out at woodys this weekend if dustee and you are up for it and i can find time. im sure harry will join. i may be riding a horse on sunday and im busy saturday afternoon. maybe an early saturday morning ride?