05 Kx250f

hi im new to the site i ride a 2002 KX125 and a friend from skool said his bro is sellin his 05 KX250F he bought it new in 06. it has renthal bars boysen accelerator pump, n suspention setup for mx (byron, walnut, redbud, mt.carrol). he wants like 2grand for it but well prolly offer 1800

idk if tht accelerator pump is the quickshot on the carb or the water pump upgrade but im guessin its the one on the carb the quickshot

im gonna go check it out this spring he lives a mile or 2 from me and its crappy and snowy here so ill check it out this spring and test ride it.

for 1800 that would be a good deal, just be sure to do a top end and check the valves regularly and you'll be fine!!!! I would do the top end before I even rode it, but thats because the 05 have a few hickups, nothing to be too consernered about but still be carefull!

wat r the hickups?

and he races so i think he took it to the shop and had it mainteneced every so often but ill prolly check it out but i dont really wanna drop lots of money on it but ill prolly ride it for the summer than redo the top end next winter

I would stay away. The 04-05's had valve problems, cam problems, and crank problems. Theres alot of info on them over on dirtrider.net.

I would stay away. The 04-05's had valve problems, cam problems, and crank problems. Theres alot of info on them over on dirtrider.net.

That is not exactly true. I have a 04 and it runs like a beast :) . Its all how you treat them, yes a few had CDI issues from the factor but they were all able to be repaired with a call to kawi. The valve issue is mainly because of people bouncing off the rev limiter comming off the 2 smokes :cry: , If you take care of the bike and give her some TLC she will hold up to any standard :applause:

yea he rode it reguraly and it hasnt had any problems otherwise he would have told me and i am going to ride it a round a bit and check on everything

Feel free to check what I have found. I did alot of reading before I decided on my bike. I could have gotten an 04' Kx250f for under $1500, but passed after all I heard about them. Either way, if you choose to get it I wish you luck. :applause:

I own a 05 and it has been flawless, just did a top and or still finishing and ya they cost a little bit but I think your gonna love it over the 125 smoker.

I know the 04 05 have a bad rep on here but if you watch this site much every year newer is better then the last and all in all I think the 05 is good.

I have not wanted to pony up the cash to see if any of the newer bikes are better. Could be but I don't know. I sure like mine and it has been a great bike.

My plan is to keep this bike and get a 450 next

O ya, I think the 2k is a fair price. I sure would not sell mine for that.

I own a 05 and it has been flawless, just did a top and or still finishing and ya they cost a little bit but I think your gonna love it over the 125 smoker.

I know the 04 05 have a bad rep on here but if you watch this site much every year newer is better then the last and all in all I think the 05 is good.

I have not wanted to pony up the cash to see if any of the newer bikes are better. Could be but I don't know. I sure like mine and it has been a great bike.

My plan is to keep this bike and get a 450 next

well, the addition of the perimeter frame among other things,makes the bike feels like a kawasaki, and not like a suzuki! the 2005 feels just like the suzuki's still do, but who cares, I have ridden nearly every bike from the two manufactuers and can tell you that the extra cash is well worth it! I've got a2007 kawi and it is in a totally different world then the 2005!

i have not had any problems with my 05 it is a solid and reliable bike,change your oil and filters often and its as good as the rest,get it and have fun and be happy you dont have to mix gas anymore.

There is no question about the 06 being a far superior bike to the 04-05 but the 04-05 is not a bad bike. I have an 06RMZ which is the same thing as the 04-05 KXF and it has been great for over a year and half of riding every weekend since it was purchased. Other than fork seals once, I keep up with oil changes and have never had anything major gone wrong with it.

nice grass u have in youre yards i just looked at ur garage is that what they call texas grass.

nice grass u have in youre yards i just looked at ur garage is that what they call texas grass.

That is indeed texas grass. LOL. You won't see grass for miles in my neighborhood unless you look in my back yard. LOL. Other than my back yard the nearest place with grass is the cemetary a couple miles away. Speaking of my garage. My bike looks very different now. Time to update it.