XR 400 Coughing dying until warmed up

Hi all.

Hoping someone can give me some advice, read heaps of threads but must still be missing my answer.

Got an 03 XR400 that is missing/hesitating and dying when cold. When its warm it runs a treat.

Really need some advice as I am peed with it the way it is. Could it be valves?

Regards

Glenn:excuseme:

Hi all.

Hoping someone can give me some advice, read heaps of threads but must still be missing my answer.

Got an 03 XR400 that is missing/hesitating and dying when cold. When its warm it runs a treat.

Really need some advice as I am peed with it the way it is. Could it be valves?

Regards

Glenn:excuseme:

Probably need more info. Is it stock, stock jetting, pipe, etc. A stock bike does act this way till it's warm cause it's so lean from the start. If the bike is already Gordoned, than you probably have a fuel adustment to make, but that's just my guess.

More info

Been modded as per G and was running well, probably done 700miles on it since mods. Then new plug and a valve clearances adjustment , now about 700 miles since then

Any reply welcomed

So are you saying that this is a new condition and that the bike did not run this way before? Have any changes/adjustments been made just prior to this condition beginning? If so what was done? We need some basic information to diagnose. Just know, whatever it is can be corrected.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reply for your comments. I cleaned the carb out and checks the valve clearances for luck nad ?? you beauty she's all sweet again. So again thanks for your help, much appreciated