New Piston and valve work, timing chain too?

I'm getting at least new intakes, and I'm installing a new OEM piston kit. Should I replace the timing chain? If so, where is the best place to buy OEM?

Thanks,

Steve

E-bay, lots of new oem parts. Piston kits under $100.00, cam chain $30.00. There's always Service Honda. They're good too.

I'm getting at least new intakes, and I'm installing a new OEM piston kit. Should I replace the timing chain? If so, where is the best place to buy OEM?

Thanks,

Steve

I would think about getting a high comp piston while I was doing the top end. It is a good mod and not that much more money.

Yes, replace the timing chain and the cam chain tentioner (CCT). I went manual CCT and I check the CCT adjustment every valve check.

Yes, replace the timing chain and the cam chain tentioner (CCT). I went manual CCT and I check the CCT adjustment every valve check.

Good advice! My tensioner had the spring/metal winding work it's way out of the housing. Luckily it got caught on the gasket sealing surface so I caught it before runing the motor. I would also check the plastic sliders as well. One of mine was cracked.

yamaha/honda of troy on ebay has good deals...definately a good idea to replace the chain/tensioner.