What Desert seat to buy for 6'5" guy

I'm 6'3" and got the SDG "tall" seat. I love it. Foam density is same as stock, so you don't sink down and loose seat height. The top of the seat is a bit wider, which is quite comfortable. I don't know of a taller seat than this. It made the bike a lot more comfortable to me.

DSC00007.jpg

I'm 6'3" and got the SDG "tall" seat. I love it. Foam density is same as stock, so you don't sink down and loose seat height. The top of the seat is a bit wider, which is quite comfortable. I don't know of a taller seat than this. It made the bike a lot more comfortable to me.

DSC00007.jpg

What do you keep in that tube?

If you really want a nice comfy seat take a look at the Renazco. You won't find anything better. They are worth every penny IMO. They make them for the R and the L. I should add I replaced a Guts tall foam with the Renazco. I loved the Guts untill I tried the Renazco seat. The front of the two are the same but towards the rear the Renazco opens up to give more support with out getting in the way while standing. These are from an L but you get the picture.

Seat002.jpg

Seat007.jpg

I did a lot of research before making a seat decision. Renazco, corbin, guts. It depends on what your issue is. I am 6' 5". Getting the seat higher was not what I was looking for. I was shooting for practical and comfortable. Corbin is hard and wide. Not good for off road. I do not have or have not tried the Renazco. It looks like it would function much better than the corbin. Corbin and Renazco are priced 3-$400. Not practical. Guts was just adding foam making the seat higher, again not what I was looking for. Decided to add a gel pad into the stock L seat. Cheap and easy. Find a cheap gel pad and take it to a upholsterer. While there you can add more foam for hieght. They will add it into your seat for about 45 bucks. Gel pad from ebay $25 & $45 labor= $70. World of difference. Good luck!

Stay away from Corbin!!! Nothing but heavy...heavy boat anchors and crappy, lying, cheating, evil customer support with no refund policy (in other words, they don't back up their product when they make it totally wrong). You sit high in the saddle with the 650L stock seat already, even with 2 to 3 inch bar risers. At 6'5" myself, I kept the stock height on my seat and like it. The stock seat foam with a Guts cover works good IMOA.

sounds like i have a new seat i need to get...are either the Renz or the Gutz more comfortable than the stock for street riding or just taller foam? Id like to get the one thats more comfortable for sitting for sure but i think the Renz just looks more comfy.