what year forks fit an 05 450 and what's the difference?

sorry I searched and just came up with the 03's as having a different caliper mount. I need an upper and lower fork tube to replace the damaged ones on my 05 but need to know what years interchange before I drop any coin. thanks for your help!:applause:

Any 05 and up fork will work perfectly. The earlier forks will also work but they have 2mm more offset at the axle mounts which will be like putting 26mm triple clamps on your 05.

How do you know what year the forks are? Ive got a set that have been ti nitrate coated that are supposed to be off an 05, was going to get them valved and sprung for my 08? Not fussed if there longer but wont use them if the axle lugs are different?

Thanks.

How do you know what year the forks are? Ive got a set that have been ti nitrate coated that are supposed to be off an 05, was going to get them valved and sprung for my 08? Not fussed if there longer but wont use them if the axle lugs are different?

Thanks.

You'll need to measure the axle mount offset between the two sets with a micrometer. If they are the same, you'll be good to go.

Thanks, i thought there might of been a number, if the offset is the same the forks could be as good if not better than my 08 with the right setup? Or are there any internal differences?