SXS 250 vs SXF250, what's the difference?

As the title says, what's the difference?

I have the chance to buy a sxs250-06 with 55 hours on it for a very nice price, just want to know that it is a good bike first.

Last year I rode a SXF250 -06 and I was very pleased with that bike, ran great and no probs what so ever.:applause:

Do you mean SXSF 250 (4-stroke) or SXS 250 (2-stroke) ?? If you compare a 2-stroke to a 4-stroke then the difference is quite obvious,right ? The biggest difference between an SXS/ SXSF vs. plain SX/SXF is in the suspension. There are updates in the engine department too,mostly next years production stuff (i.ex -06 SXSF has an -07 SXF cam). Some models have different CDI-mapping and SXS-frames are reinforced. SXS-exhaust (Akrapovic on 4-str. / Doma on 2-str.) .Throw in all the bling-bling from the HP-cataloque and you have an SXS-bike.

That said you´ll better off buying an stock -07 250 SXF than the -06 250 SXSF. The chassie is far superior to the old one (-06 and older) and they all have Closed Cartridge forks stock. It´s far easier/cheaper to get the suspension fixed on a -07 than to try to get the -06 frame to work as good as the new chassie does. I would impossible even...

Do you mean SXSF 250 (4-stroke) or SXS 250 (2-stroke) ?? If you compare a 2-stroke to a 4-stroke then the difference is quite obvious,right ? The biggest difference between an SXS/ SXSF vs. plain SX/SXF is in the suspension. There are updates in the engine department too,mostly next years production stuff (i.ex -06 SXSF has an -07 SXF cam). Some models have different CDI-mapping and SXS-frames are reinforced. Throw in all the bling-bling from the HP-cataloque and you have an SXS-bike.

That said you´ll better off buying an stock -07 250 SXF than the -06 250 SXSF. The chassie is far superior to the old one (-06 and older) and they all have Closed Cartridge forks stock. It´s far easier/cheaper to get the suspension fixed on a -07 than to try to get the -06 frame to work as good as the new chassie does. I would impossible even...

I ment the two 4-strokes.

SXSF250 and SXF250 both from 2006

correct. It is my understanding they were similar, or the same, closed cartridge forks as the '07, compared to the hybrid, open style of the past. They may be coated too, but not sure. I don't remember where I read all that though, it's been awhile. The shock was quite a bit more advanced too, but it didn't have the advantage of the '07 frame as you mentioned.