Best year?

I rode this bike today and it is absolutely bitchin and I want to sell my CR and get one of these. What is the best year, and are there any years that have a lot of problems with valves etc. Anything to look out for in perticular? I can't wait to get one of these bad boys!!!:applause:

I rode this bike today and it is absolutely bitchin and I want to sell my CR and get one of these. What is the best year, and are there any years that have a lot of problems with valves etc. Anything to look out for in perticular? I can't wait to get one of these bad boys!!!:applause:

If you have lucky with crf to buy no valves problems I have two x nothing problem with valves 2004 I SOLD AFTER 200 HOURS NOTHING PROBLEM . After 2006 honda take new seats but some crf they are still having valves problems but this is not important problem . aftermarket valves and seats work have cost about 200-250 us

they are all good, the 2006 and newer do have different seat material. there have been other small changes over the years but nothing major. I have an 06 and love it.

i like my 05

I rode my 05 and an 06 back to back..the 05 had more hit... it could have been my exhaust though..

I have an 06 250x and I love it

I heard that the 2004 and 05 had valve problems, but by reading what you guys are saying it is on some bikes?

kinda new myself, but as close as i can figure...04 and 05 have the softest valve seat material, seats changed in 06, and again in 07. This does not seem to be a big problem as long as dirt does not get into the valve train...air filter maintained and always properly seated...easy enough right. according to the info i have seen put out here all 4 str will eventually need valves, when is dependant on riding style, wether or not you constantly flog the motor and keep it at redline. some people have posted high hrs before having to do anything with valves

also, you hear mostly about the problems, almost never about the ones that just keep on going

The bikes are like Russian Roullette. Sometimes youll get a great one and sometimes youll get a dud. Theres not very many duds about 1 in 250,000. The best year imo is the 2007. It has the same head as the 250R and the new valve seat material to help with wear.

i like my 05

me too it rips

i got a 04 and i love it! i rode my friends 06 and i rekon the 04 is more snap on. and more power all round but thats just my opnion.

Buy the newest you can afford.

I absolutely love my 05! has between 50 and 60 hours on it, no issues whats so ever, just keep the oil and air filter clean and stay off the rev limiter.

the new 2008s are supposed to be amazing if you want to buy new. But 4 used they are all relative as long as the have been cared for with valves checked, oil changed ect.