Fcr = How Much More Balls?

So what kind of nuts are we talking here. I have a full Ti Muzzy exhaust system with the big hole in my air box and a new main jet ( kept the stock pilot). side question...what is the muzzy system comparable to when looking at these dino charts.. I know its not as good as the yosh ti system but is it at leat comprable by say 95% or so? I was thinking of getting this with the stage one hot cams for some more power.

OK apparently I didn't search well enough before posting this silly thread. I found out I was spelling dyno wrong which did not help me with my search. So I see some old threads and the full Muzzy ti is equivilant to a full stainless yosh is what I have gathered. All I need to do now is look for that dyno chart for the yosh pipes with the FCR and I will be styling! yea! The more I read the more I learn fancy that!

Check out this link -

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459108&highlight=57hp

Granted - it does not have a muzzy pipe in the equation. I have heard too that the muzzy (SS or Ti) has about the same performance or nearly as good of performance as the Yoshi RS2. The Yoshi RS2 performs less then the Yoshi Ti. In the link I gave you, study the chart carefully... really the first mod is to add an Akrapovic full titanium system. Akra makes great pipes - but you will see that after some mods, when Eddie changes the Akra for the Yoshi Ti, there is a gain of 3HP. Well, actually 2.5Hp, but that is just from going from a great pipe to the absolute best pipe.

Long story short - stock 05 SM = 35.04 HP

05 SM, full Akra Ti, 3x3 and the FCR = 40.10 HP

Take that, add big bore and cams = 44.82 HP

Add stroker, change FCR39 for a 41 and change exhaust to Yoshi ti = 56.99 HP

Hope this clears some things up for you.

Branden

Bike mods don't follow simple mathmatics.

3x3 and FCR with stock exhaust are good for up to about 3 ponies.

An upgraded exhaust by itself is good for one, one and a half.

Added together, you'd think it adds up 4. But, they each allow the other to work better and more efficiently. In this case 1+3 doesn't equal 4, it equals 5. I believe the 5 HP is an accurate number for the combo of exhaust, 3x3 and properly jetted FCR. I wonder how much difference there is in HP when you couple the FCR to a Muzzy, Yoshi RS2 and a Yoshi Ti. Also keep in mind that no two bikes are created equal. Take a hundred stock DRZ bikes and you will get variations in stock HP of two or three HP. Do the FCR, 3x3 and and same exhaust on all those bikes and you will not only have the two to three HP spread between all bikes, but actual HP increase will be different in all the bikes as well. I spoke with Eddie about an engine build and asked what HP that build would yield - he gave me a 3 HP spread. Nobody knows more or gives straighter answers than Eddie - you can take that to the bank.

Good points about the nature of the power delivery and the cumulative effect of mods. My S has a Hotcams Stage II intake, a Yosh stainless full system and an "E" base gasket, but still wears a DJ kitted CV carb and of course the 3X3 mod. The numbers put out by my setup will not be impressive on a dyno, but the engine responds super well to the throttle and feels stout as hell in the midrange. It is really good for the technical trails I ride, even compared back to back with stock FCR equipped E models I have ridden. It is flat as a pancake on top though, no doubt about it. This is no great bother as it is not street ridden and trail speeds rarely exceed 50 mph.

I will probably get an FCR anyway though, it is on the wish list. I expect lots more top end and even better than the already quite good response. For now the FCR money has been spent on springing an valving my suspension for hard core off roading. That was money very well spent.

On an SM, getting an FCR is really a no brainer as far as I am concerned. The CV is pretty crippling on the open environment presented by the street, no matter what else you do to the bike. My bike is fine proof of that.

I have DR-Z with Full Yoshi RS-3, 3x3 and jetting at the moment. So if I'll buy FCR 39 for this I'll probably get about 1 hp but the gas response is alot better and overrall performance gets better?

What's a reasonable price on Ebay for these FCR's?

Check out this link -

Long story short - stock 05 SM = 35.04 HP

05 SM, full Akra Ti, 3x3 and the FCR = 40.10 HP

Take that, add big bore and cams = 44.82 HP

Add stroker, change FCR39 for a 41 and change exhaust to Yoshi ti = 56.99 HP

Hope this clears some things up for you.

Branden

I went to a exhaust manufacture named "EGU" here in Stuttgart/Germany.

I commissioned a full exhaust system wich was designed directly on my DRZ.

No new carburator setting, only stock Setup with this exhaust:

(Blue Line is stock, red is with EGU system)

lg0308drz400ska7.jpg

lgdrehzahl0308drz400skd1.jpg

0,986320hp = 1PS

1hp = 1,01387PS

(Stock) 37.48 hp => (EGU) 40.44 hp = + 2,96 hp

(Stock) 29,378 ft-lbs => (EGU) 29,822 ft-lbs = + 0,444 ft-lbs

I hope conversion (PS -> HP / Nm -> ft-lbs) are correct

27092027fullr470x470pq5.jpg

I have DR-Z with Full Yoshi RS-3, 3x3 and jetting at the moment. So if I'll buy FCR 39 for this I'll probably get about 1 hp but the gas response is alot better and overrall performance gets better?

What's a reasonable price on Ebay for these FCR's?

your bike makes about 37hp currently.41hp with a fcr.

I went to a exhaust manufacture named "EGU" here in Stuttgart/Germany.

I commissioned a full exhaust system wich was designed directly on my DRZ.

No new carburator setting, only stock Setup with this exhaust:

(Blue Line is stock, red is with EGU system)

lg0308drz400ska7.jpg

lgdrehzahl0308drz400skd1.jpg

0,986320hp = 1PS

1hp = 1,01387PS

(Stock) 37.48 hp => (EGU) 40.44 hp = + 2,96 hp

(Stock) 29,378 ft-lbs => (EGU) 29,822 ft-lbs = + 0,444 ft-lbs

I hope conversion (PS -> HP / Nm -> ft-lbs) are correct

27092027fullr470x470pq5.jpg

not comparable to a dynojet dyno or the SAE correction factor.

not comparable to a dynojet dyno or the SAE correction factor.

Hello Eddie!

Is the Dynojet dyno measuring the Hp at the tire? (The power wich is getting on the street?)

SAE:

DIN horsepower is the power measured according to the German standard DIN 70020 and like the SAE net figure is measured at the flywheel.

The measurements on the "P4 Ammerschlaeger" Dyno is like this SAE stuff at the flywheel. So you get about 3hp more at the flywheel.

Pnorm = Pmeasured + Ploss

Right?

Has anyone a measurement on a Dyno only with a Yoshi system (SAE)?

I would like to know how much they are different