help!yz 125 or yz 250

can decide! im about 155 pounds and about 5'11 im just comin of a ttr 225 and im gonna start racin never been on a 2 stroke either wutcha yall think? will a 125 be good for trails, hills and id probably have to do top end every 3 motnhs right? same with 250 good on trails or not?

appreciate it.:applause:

can decide! im about 155 pounds and about 5'11 im just comin of a ttr 225 and im gonna start racin never been on a 2 stroke either wutcha yall think? will a 125 be good for trails, hills and id probably have to do top end every 3 motnhs right? same with 250 good on trails or not?

appreciate it.:applause:

i would of swore that i seen a post just like this last week...but here we go...the 250 is going to put you on your butt and probably hurt you being you have never been on one or never raced anything....but it will make the better trail bike,because it has a ton of bottom end torque and can be chuggalugged if needed:prof: you will need to make this decision,because you are the only one who knows your level of skills:thumbsup: the yz125 2006 and up are just awesome bikes and should not be overlooked no matter what you read or have someone tell you....hope this helps:ride:

appreciate it.:)

i too saw this post before :cry:

no worries, ok here we go...

you sure you're goin for the races? if so, then i'd say take the YZ125. the 250 would be too much for you granting that you're 100% coming off from a TTR and you had no prior experience on production bikes. i weigh 152 lbs just like the way you are at the moment.

should you be reluctant about the 125 in trails, all you need is just add 2-3 teeth rear sprocket and off you go for a good time... personally, i prefer ONLY plus 2 teeth up in my rear, and this is based on my experience with an '03 blue 125 :banghead:

there is much more excitement, however, and a lot to gain if you find yourself an '06 and up YZ125... trust us on this :applause: