torque settings for oil filter cover

what is the torque that the bolts have to be on my 01 yz250f and also how would i get the allen key bolt to that torque aswel thanks

yami11

Two finger tight .:applause:

Don't know the exact torque . Just remember that it is the O-ring that creates the seal . Those bolts will strip easily .

7.2ftlbs

any hardware store should carry allen bolt sockets that can fit on your torque wrench

7.2ftlbs

any hardware store should carry allen bolt sockets that can fit on your torque wrench

Remember to degrease the torque 10%(?) because the threads are lubricated. I think this is the reason that so many people strip it.

Use a 1/4" ratchet and don't make it FT or you will strip thouse threads.

Erik

just tighten them to where they are snug, dont go crazy on it and start pushing it, they will snap :applause:

I replace the three bolts every couple of months, bc after so much use they start to strech and will eventually break

well i teightend them up without using a torque wrench befor i posted on here and i took it for a ride and it was leaking not dripping but like if you looked at the edges of the cover they would be black then if you wiped it with your finger you could tell it was oil should i worrie about it or juz keep a eye on my oil level and juz let it go.

id make sure the oil seal isnt cracked or tore. make sure all the o-rings are still there. ive had this happen ive forgot to put the o-ring for the cover on and had it leak on me. you should just half to snug them down didnt know there was a torque spec on them.

I replace the three bolts every couple of months, bc after so much use they start to strech and will eventually break

I highly doubt that 7.2 ft lbs will be enough to stretch a bolt a significant ammount over a period of 2 months.

My 01 had stock bolts in it the day I sold it...

id make sure the oil seal isnt cracked or tore. make sure all the o-rings are still there. ive had this happen ive forgot to put the o-ring for the cover on and had it leak on me. you should just half to snug them down didnt know there was a torque spec on them.

I'm pretty sure there's a torque on every bolt :applause: