This could be some were else !

This could be some were else or belong in another part of this forum but I trust the opinions given here.

Boots were do you stand ? whats your choice and Why? the reason I ask is buying boots is like paying for a movie you can tell if they work till you get into it for a while.

boots are an expensive miss purchase. Tech 8 is buy far the best I have owned the Gearne cypher are the worst for me. I will be trying some Beric boots soon as they show up.

I really like my SG10's. Very well made, comfy, true to size, great support. I don't know if they claim to be waterproof or not but every time I've rode since october it's been super wet out at my riding area and my feet have never even got a drop of water.

I will be honest though the soles are getting kind of beat up. Mainly my right sole. I'm not sure if it's the bum kicker on the 250 or kicking harder bikes like the 500 or 450 but it's showing more wear than I'd like at about 30-40hrs of ride time on them. It could honestly be my weight as well I'm a big bigger than your average rider prolly 225ish now with full gear after losing some weight.

Now there's not a do it yourself resole kit but I have seen somewhere on here a place you can send off and they put SIDI soles on whatever model boot you have. I think it was a slight bit more costly than the tech 8 soles you could buy. I've also heard the tech 8 soles didn't hold up as well as the SG-10's as well.

I'll see how well the soles hold out but at this point I'd buy another pair.

I have a pair of Thor Quadrants now. I can't seem to get them fully broken in. I wish I still had my old azz AXO boots from 97. Those things were great.

If I still have issue breaking in the Thors, I'll look for another brand.

i've had my tech 4s for two full seasons and i am happy with them, comfortable, dry and all. but the next time i would get a more upmarket model. i think they have better ankle support, and i would really go for a model with those replacable bits in the centre part of the sole. it is starting to wear pretty bad on both boots! another important thing to look at are buckles!!! these are ok on the tech 4s though.

if i were in the market now, i would also have a closer look at the new alpinestars models w/o the metall bit at the toe. can't say anything about them, only seen pictures...

I am using Alpine Tech 7's. I previously had AXO RC6's. Damaged the toe in a rock incident and the dimple bothers my toe. So I tried Alpines.

I'd get the AXO's again, the RC6's.....

Totally remember those! LOL

I find the full plastic shell Alpines, while they look cool, like a storm trooper, don't really break in. I am used to them now though.

BUT, these were really good. Even have thick gel bladders around the ankle. Given the low price the performance was really good. They were out of white when I went back and decided to try the Alpines.

rc6-white.jpg

I had some AXO RC4s. Those things were awesome! They finally have some threading coming lose so I found some slightly used Tech 6's, but haven't tried them yet.

I've got Tech 8's and love them. Ebay special, brand new with shipping for $98.00. :applause:

I've got Tech 8's and love them. Ebay special, brand new with shipping for $98.00. :applause:

Say What?!

From a store?

^ Yep. Men's size 5. Sometimes it pays to wear off sizes.:applause: They're dark blue, but for the price I don't give a rat's arse.

well guys, you should know that all the boots manufacters are located in a small area in Italy, near Venice

In this small are they project the 100% of all motorcycles boots, ski boots, mountain boots, the make ONLY sports boots.

The best companies are Alpinestars, Gaerne, SiDi.

All the other are in the second level, the make but they don't project.

So, it could seem impossible, but Fox boots, Thor boots, Oneal boots are the baddest product in the boots world.

anyway, all the motorcycle boots are made in Romania or FarEast.

I suggest you 3 "top quality" boots: a-stars tech8, Gaerne SG10, Sidi Crossfire

bye

Zac

Haha, NUN, I got a smokin' deal similar to yours. Men's 7! Haha, think about it, how many people do you really know that would wear a small men's size? I absolutely LOVE mine!

I have Gaerne SG-10's. I haven't ridden with them much, but they seem to be great so far.

Zac, all the Alpinestars boots at a local retailer (Tech 3, 7, 8, 10) have a tag inside that reads, "MADE IN CROAZIA". My real old pair of Alpinestars were made in Italy, but it seems they are not anymore.

any one try the ARC 240's or 220's? form Rocky Mountain?? The 240 is just the new version of the 220. They have the hinges like the Sidi's?

I got tech 6's, but thats because they were the only ones I could get in size 16..haha

My first venture back into cycling in over 20 years so I decide to get some Thor Quadrants. They were okay but never really fit like a good boot. Qucikly scrapped them and got Tech 8's and they are awesome. I also picked up some Tech 6's because I got a great deal on them. Both are great, one with, one without bootie!

I also like the old school look on the soles. How many of you guys like the new styles that look like tennis shoes? I think Tech 10's look okay but am not a fan of 3's, 5's, or 7's :applause:

i have the new tech 8s, they work great, i heard the sg10's seal out water a little bit better

well guys, you should know that all the boots manufacters are located in a small area in Italy, near Venice

In this small are they project the 100% of all motorcycles boots, ski boots, mountain boots, the make ONLY sports boots.

The best companies are Alpinestars, Gaerne, SiDi.

All the other are in the second level, the make but they don't project.

So, it could seem impossible, but Fox boots, Thor boots, Oneal boots are the baddest product in the boots world.

anyway, all the motorcycle boots are made in Romania or FarEast.

I suggest you 3 "top quality" boots: a-stars tech8, Gaerne SG10, Sidi Crossfire

bye

Zac

Now I find this some what believable like helmets , cause all the lower end boots look the same, and there is such a jump in quality between the good and the cheep.

Ok going to chime in so far the best boot I have owned personally are the gaerne SG10's have tried about every boot I can remember, with the exception of the sidi new models, had a pair of cyclones back in the day, not a big fan of alpinestar, just didn,t ever seem to last like the gaernes did so I ride them solely, now the wife she loves her alpinestars