Husky SX & MX

How come we don't see Husky have an American rider in Supercross or Motocross. Think about seeing a Husky rider on the podium, they would then be included in magazine shootouts, increased sales etc.

for the same reason you don`t see a rally car on a touring car track - it doesn`t fit & it`s not their priority - I think it will change though (soooon)

Every MX event the Husky`s have mixed results and usually a few failures or just wern`t competitive enough outright, it appears the outlook is changing & i think we will see some good results in the near future.

Maybe Husky will dominate the MX Scene & BMW will be the new Husky in Enduro`s ???

Every MX event the Husky`s have mixed results and usually a few failures or just wern`t competitive enough outright, it appears the outlook is changing & i think we will see some good results in the near future.

So you think the bikes are not good enough or the riders. Maybe a bit of both.

Fast By Ferracci had a big presence in AMA MX and SX '00-'02. Steve Lamson was the main rider and a bunch of others from Travis Preston to Tyler Evans. The original plan was to bring Alessio Chiodi to the US, hot off two straight FIM World 125 Championships('98-'99) on Huskys. Unfortunately Chico Chiodi broke his back and never made it to the US. Husky CR125 was the first European bike to win an AMA 125 SX race at Houston '01. Langston on a KTM had it won, but started show boating a little too soon, crashed and handed win to Preston. The '03 Husky Factory problems ended this effort. Husky hadn't made much of a dent in US MX/SX scene since Kent Howerton and Chuck Sun days and I doubt it will change. On the other hand Husky in Europe has hired Andrea Bartolini('99 FIM World 500MX Champ) to spearhead developement of bike and a team in World MX Championships.

Norman

I ( and a select few SoCal riders, Newcastle, Chazlom, Rec_rider) are trying but so far no sponsors!:eek::mad: Maybe it is age discrimination :applause::):cry::eek: :eek: :bonk::eek::banghead::foul:

_SAW2608.jpg

And the line at Glen Helen!

DSC_0006.jpg

Sorry but with the right rider a Husky could Podium......

T

yea most people forget about the dkny feracci husqvarna team that made its tours back then, i remember when they first came on scene and hired up lamson, it was sort of my first intro to huskys back then. i still love to flip thru my old mags and come across some pics, i recall a renthal add of lamson pinned out at redbud heading for the monza wall....gosh i think i might have a team poster somewhere im gonna have to dig thru my poster collection

So you think the bikes are not good enough or the riders. Maybe a bit of both.

neither, it`s just not where the focus was, once the direction changes & the financial stability of the company is harnessed, they may have a little more to speculate with......maybe.

They lack the money and R&D to compete with the established factory teams here. They tried and it was a train wreck of sorts.

Why even bother if you can't get the bikes here when the market is buying, anyway.

They lack the money and R&D to compete with the established factory teams here. They tried and it was a train wreck of sorts.

Why even bother if you can't get the bikes here when the market is buying, anyway.

Good Point. Hopefully things will change.[similar to KTM] But I kinda like not being popular:ride:

haha husky is the best kept secret in motorcycling, id love to see them get into sx/mx/ax in america though we all know their bikes can compete

i would love to see husky back in it. i know BMW has the funds. its just a matter of getting a good consistant rider with good mechanics. they would have more of a chance in the US than europe because the production rules are a little more strict over here.

i love the look of husky's. i think they could be a hit over here, but it doesnt look like BMW/Husky cares much to blow up their racing scene over here.

THey should at least get a amateur team over here, like Xtreme team green, and the KTM Junior team. it would be cheaper and they would have a ton od ready and waiting riders.

I'm sure a few of us could make a Husky senior team :applause: On second thought, probably not a good idea if they want to sell more bikes...

Their two-strokes were a lot closer to the mark. The 4t's need to lose 20 lbs before any team will seriously consider using them. Private teams can use anything they want. Making an engine faster is easy. Getting good suspension is easy. Losing 20 lbs is damn near impossible and takes CUBIC DOLLARS, not what a private team is looking for.

Their two-strokes were a lot closer to the mark. The 4t's need to lose 20 lbs before any team will seriously consider using them. Private teams can use anything they want. Making an engine faster is easy. Getting good suspension is easy. Losing 20 lbs is damn near impossible and takes CUBIC DOLLARS, not what a private team is looking for.

agreed, which is why im kinda turned off by the bike. the new motor they are working on looks very promising tho.

I suspect that a company like BMW and its relative success in north america...is very well aware of the marketing potential of the Husqvarna brand particularly in the US....but they must stabilize production..development..delivery times etc first...and then focus on customer loyalty ...ie satisfaction

I think BMW got a lot of company for its money with husky....and it all comes with a highly recognisable "H" gunsight logo

Knowbody knows better than BMW about winning on sunday and selling on monday as well...

Time will tell

Not sure where you are getting 20 lbs from? According to their respective websites, Honda crf450 is 218.5 lbs dry and Husky TC450 is 230 lbs dry. Still heavier but not 20 lbs.

It defiantly isn't the motor,just have a quick look at the World Motad Championship ,Huskys are QUICK.It comes down to having the will and PAYING FOR THE BEST RIDER.

neither, it`s just not where the focus was, once the direction changes & the financial stability of the company is harnessed, they may have a little more to speculate with......maybe.

I cannot speak for the US, but as a global effort Husky doesn't seem to have a team in world MX , they didn't send a squad to the ISDE , have a small squad in the World enduro Series - BUT thay are very successful in Supermoto , and won both the S1 and S2 titles last year.

don't forget that the Husky factory is probably a fraction of the size of Harley Davidson , KTM or even Aprilia.

Local championships rely on the importers to fund them, and if the factory cannot justify racing in MX, why would the importer??

The Mx Huskys are a stripped down enduro bike , whereas the big 5 tend to use MXbikes equipped with lights for tiltle winning campaigns.

Charlie

Hello Everyone,

Long time, no talk. Just thought I would chime in and say that the Husky motor, 450, lacked NOTHING compared to my old CRF's in fact it felt like it was noticeably stronger everywhere. I can honestly say that once I figured it out, the last half of the season I was getting more holeshots on it than on my CRF. The 250F's motor I think takes a little more tuning/hop-up to get it at the level of Jap motors. BUT, by the looks and sounds of this new motor for '09, it should no longer be down on power. Overall, I would certainly agree that weight is the biggest issue as far as comparing them to Jap bikes goes. Honestly, I got myself in better shape this past season than I had ever been in, strength and cardio, because I knew the challenges that were ahead of me. Even though I was in even better shap than years past, I would still start dogging it at the end of motos simply because of having to lug that extra weight around. Overall, I think they are great bikes and certainly will get you noticed at the tracks!

Blake Young

www.halls-cycles.com

Judging by the dyno charts supplied by MXD suggests that the 08' 450 makes more power than all the japanese 450s...even MXA reported that the 06 model they tested had "no shortage of horsepower"...but I think the recent trends in MX show that all the jap 450s are making less power and focusing on ridability...

The 08 Husky 250f as well shows the best torque and makes more HP than the other jap 250fs...but the power appears to sign off quickly and there is not as much over rev....I think the husky is 10 to 15 lbs heavier..which is not much(my beer gut will make a bigger difference)

The new FI 450 from suzuki is about 10 lbs heavier than the other jap 450s and all the mags say it feels the lightest and handles the best....