Rear brake Rotor Size SM and S ???

Hi,

What is the diameter of the stock rear brake rotor on a SM ?

And for the S ?

Thanks, Jas :applause:

An S is 230 mm, an RM 240 mm. An SM no idea.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THEM?

i PUT sm WHEELS ON MY sss AND JUST USED s ROTORS FRONT AND REAR. sTOPPIES JUST FINE. bUT i'M NOT A RACER.

Save yourself some bucks and buy some S take offs I got mine for $20 each.

S rear is 220mm (not 230mm), SM rear is 240 mm.

You can buy the RM bracket for the S to accept the SM's 240mm (while retaining the same caliper).

You can buy the RM bracket for the S to accept the SM's 240mm (while retaining the same caliper).

That's what I did and I like it better than the stock S size rotor. It will let me use the RM rear wave rotor with my SM wheelset.

S rear is 220mm (not 230mm), SM rear is 240 mm.

Yup (:smirk: ) opened the box up and so it is. I'll have to correct my notes. I have been running an RM bracket and rotor for a couple years now. First time I've looked at the rotor since.......

So is the concensus now, you can either buy a DRZ SM rotor or an RM125/250 240mm rotor from 2001 and up for my rear dirt wheel and utilize a RM carrier, so I have an easier swap from street to dirt and visa versa?

Please let me know as I should be done with the hooligan mod by this weekend. (I actually bought the wheels that Jonala had machined already, I just need to figure out the spacer stack up and install. My son was crying when I picked up the wheels, so I didn't have a lot of time to ask questions about the spacer stack up):banana:

By the way thanks to Plane Dr, Nate, Russ, Jonala (you did most of the work for me as I brought them primarily complete) and others for the motivation and informative information. :)

When I am finished I plan to take some additional detailed pictures when done to help others.