Impact resistant gear

What would you reccomend as an impact ressitant roost protector for the lack of a better term. I want some upper body armor what do you guys use? I need shoulder protection too.

have you ever crashed while wearing it and felt that it helped you from recieving a greater injury than you did?

I like the thor impact rig se.. It has shoulder,elbow,a removable back insert, and kindey belt that to can be removed if you dont want to wear it.. or you could just run the non se which dosnt have the kindney belt attached.

also if you have a leatt it the chest protector works great with it.

josh

i forgot to add a link to it.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/product_family.asp?family%5Fid=14401&gift=False&mscssid=19426FCF2D45432A8DE7A4802F33CB6A

have you ever crashed while wearing it and felt that it helped you from recieving a greater injury than you did?

No.........i think it helps with the brush hitting you and tree limbs that are hannging. if i fall hard enough to get hurt its not helping exept with not getting skinned up...........broken is broken.

So really the impact ones don't really offer much more protection than a normal chest protector? Anyone else have any opinions on the advantages of the impact gear. seems to cost quite a bit more I figured maybe if offered more protection from injury?

its really all about rider comfort. they do offer some protection. but just like everything it wont protect against everything. just helps out a bit like broken ribs, scuffed up elbows, and misc stuff. the best advice anyone can give you is go out and try things on to see what fits you best. if your just looking for roost protection then maybe a simple chest protector would surfice.