Indy Trade Show / Dealer Trade Show - Whole dome full of Chinese products.

I haven't been to the Industry Trade Show in years, but I hear that the entire dome is full of Chinese equipment and products made in China.

Can any regulars to the show comment on whether this is a growing phenomenon or are the number of Chinese vendors comparable to previous years?

Anyone?

About half of the Dome portion was Chinese bikes, ATVs. Plus there were other brands at other points in the show.

So many of them look alike that you're sure you've seen them elsewhere in the show.

The better brands of Chinese scooters and bikes were conspicious by their absence.

Overall, seems like about the same number as prior years.

they have been around for years it sems like the last 4 or 5 years there has been a huge presence there @ indy there good @ taking pictures and producing a copy the next year .just because its there does not mean we have to market it and the dealers that do to make a fast buck should look @ the companys warranty structure and quality before selling it to the public.we are all guilty though i buy from walmart.

There is a good 15% more of them at the show every year. I walked in the dome, took a quick peek around and bailed. It was pretty sad. I referred to it as the China Dome or Knock-off Dome all day Saturday.

What is more american than riding dirtbikes? I really hate to see people buying this garbage. And, yes, I do realize that most of us ride imports. But I would rather support Honda, Kawi, Suzuki, etc..

There is a good 15% more of them at the show every year. I walked in the dome, took a quick peek around and bailed. It was pretty sad. I referred to it as the China Dome or Knock-off Dome all day Saturday.

What is more american than riding dirtbikes? I really hate to see people buying this garbage. And, yes, I do realize that most of us ride imports. But I would rather support Honda, Kawi, Suzuki, etc..

I remember when we called Honda, Kawi,Yami. etc. Jap S**t. We were riding CZ, Bultaco, Montessa etc. and thought they were the best. I wonder what we'll be saying about the Chinese bikes in 5-10 years?

I remember when we called Honda, Kawi,Yami. etc. Jap S**t. We were riding CZ, Bultaco, Montessa etc. and thought they were the best. I wonder what we'll be saying about the Chinese bikes in 5-10 years?

I just got the chills, I really hope that day will never come! :applause:

If you missed the Dome becuz it was half Chinese bikes, then you also missed the new ATK 450 MX bike. Lots of carbon fiber and a 216 lb claimed weight.

ATK was taking dealer orders.

As for the Chinese stuff, just becuz they're on display doesn't mean they were selling many. I only rarely saw other dealers actually talking to any of them.