quick question

the other day i had to nail the gas in third gear to merge over and i hit it and the exhaust made a lot of noise right away but it didnt seem like it was speeding up that fast. could it be a loose chain?(bike is brand new with less than 500 miles on it practically or just something else :applause:

Too low RPM and lugging the engine makes a klanky klacky loud sound and gives rather slow speed build up?

i mean it didnt sound like that, it felt like i nailed it and the engine said yes but somewhere in the drive train it was not translating to the rear wheel:excuseme:

The only thing that could really slip would be the clutch... make sure its adjusted properly.

+1

make sure your clutch cable has a little slack in it when the lever is out.

How worn are your sprockets?

Pretty much impossible to kill the sprockets in only 500 mi.

I vote it's a clutch issue.

adjust your clutch so theres about a nickles worth of play where the cable enters the lever assembly :applause:

Pretty much impossible to kill the sprockets in only 500 mi.

I vote it's a clutch issue.

Duh! Sorry........

Clutch.

adjusting the clutch is straightforward right? i would imagine its in the owners book?

Does Synthetic oil cause these issues also? I have had the same thing happen and was inititially thinking that this was a carb problem but now that BayareaSM guy has brought it up it's more like something is slipping and the engine is not missing / bogging???

If your oil has "friction modifiers" you are having a clutch slip.

Search "OIL" in forum-many, many posts.