what do you guys have polished on your bike?

i started polishing some stuff on my bike, it started as just my upper frame. then my kickstarter, then my case cover, etc. here it is, i might be doing the lower part of the frame as well today.

S7300121.jpg?t=1203351691

That is a lot of polishing! And thats a HUGE dent in the pipe on that Kawi behind the CRF.

i started polishing some stuff on my bike, it started as just my upper frame. then my kickstarter, then my case cover, etc. here it is, i might be doing the lower part of the frame as well today.

S7300121.jpg?t=1203351691

I would leave it as it is. If you polish the lower part of the frame you will be having to keep up on it more than riding it. From the factory they finish off the metal in such a way that it seals the metal. When you polish it you remove that finish. It looks good but the metal is more susceptible to corrode and get pitted. The upper portion of the frame is fine because it generally away from water and dirt. and it's easy to access for up keep. I've learned this the hard way unless the bike is for show I wouldn't recommend it..

thats what i was thinking^ youd think its alot of polishing, but its only alot to polish the first time. i just hit each piece one or two times after washing the bike and it looks the same, its not really all that much upkeep and it looks better.( my clutch cover was all scratched up and rough looking, so i thought i would just polish it and it looks way better.

i have an 05 crf450 and i polished the frame last year the upper portion as well as the section that connects to the subframe. i havent had any of the pitting or corrosion as mentioned in the post above. i use the powerball and the power polish that mothers makes for the powerball. i do it prob 3 times a year if that and it only takes about 10 mins a side. if you want to polish go to town. i wouldnt be worried about to much. and if you dont polish a section for a while it just begins to look like it did before you polished it so not a big deal

i have an 05 crf250x and i have the frame, kickstart, levers, works connections radiator braces, caliper gaurd, and brake resavore gaurd all polished up.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=54270

I was thinking lower part of the frame you were referring to the part of the frame that cradles the engine. Yes it will corrode if you don't clean it all the time. Dirt and water can be very acidic. If you go for a two or three day trip and get mud on your polished parts they can stain. I've had it happen to me. Just trying to give you heads up. Polishing sure makes the bike look good though.

o, and for anyone interested in making there triple clamps look pretty trick, the lower clamp polishes with a motherball in a matter of 2 minutes, very quick and looks very good, i have done that aswell.