Trick Dual Sport installed on CRF450X

I just installed a Trick Dual Sport Kit on my CRF450X. I used the K&S rear fender brake light with the diamond rear blinkers. I also installed the both front and rear brake light switches and Baja Designs rear view mirrors.

Installation was a snap. It took some time routing the wires though. There's not a lot of safe space around the frame that I was happy with but I managed to finally find a good route.

I only had one problem at the end, my bike would not start! I called Dale at Trick Dual Sport who was confident the problem had nothing to do with the kit (and he was right!) and offered some ideas on what the issue might be. I found out that I had accidently pulled the wire from the coil while removing the gas tank. The petcock lever grabs the wire on the way out and pulls it off the coil. I have since found out that the same thing happens everytime the tank comes off so I did a little bit of nip and tuck on the coil wire and hopefully that should be the end of the wire pulling.

Dale of course is a customer service freak as you will read on other posts and offered to trouble shoot my initial starting problem at his workshop. Great guy!

I love the optional 12volt power outlet. I intend to use it for my GPS.

I posted a video of the kit on youtube as well. Search for Trick Dual Sport Honda. Here are a couple of pics. The link at the very bottom is a video of the kit that's hosted on my Photobucket. There were not many Trick DS Pics around for my bike so I hope these are of use. :applause:

IMG_4679.jpgIMG_4675.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

and a video...

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/mangrovejackman/?action=view&current=TrickDualSportweb.flv

looks really good man, can you mount that frt. brake switch to the master by lever, just think it might get snagged if riding it offroad.

nice man......i love my tds and i've only ridden it 15 miles

I was thinking the same thing. Down on the caliper is a bad place for it.

looks really good man, can you mount that frt. brake switch to the master by lever, just think it might get snagged if riding it offroad.

Dang, that was a neat video. The front caliper switch is safer than it looks. On my KTM the factory stuff is routed the same way. Never had a problem.

I never really knew of the lever option until now. I still think the caliper looks alright. It really doesn't stick out much further than the banjo bolt. I might be better off wrapping the two wires up a little tighter maybe.

Good to see another X on board...ride on. :smirk:

Agreed, isn't Dale the best? What mirrors did you use, they look like they attach to the lever clamp. I'm running out of handlebar room with the folding Acerbis that I'm using.

What state are you going to register this in?

Agreed, isn't Dale the best? What mirrors did you use, they look like they attach to the lever clamp. I'm running out of handlebar room with the folding Acerbis that I'm using.

I used the baja designs dual sport mirror with the mirror mount billet perch also sold by baja designs. The perch replaces the clamp holding the clutch and front brake and has a mount on top for installing the mirror. Basically you can install the mirrors without losing any space on the handle bars. The perch is worth the $16.

What state are you going to register this in?

Most likely Nevada. California is so messed up with their on road registration laws.

Most likely Nevada. California is so messed up with their on road registration laws.

In Arizona I think all you need is blinkers a mirror and a horn. The horn can be off of a girls bike and sound like bozo the clowns nose.

In Arizona I think all you need is blinkers a mirror and a horn. The horn can be off of a girls bike and sound like bozo the clowns nose.

that's awesome:applause: