THis is my sons addiction

He would be great on a bike but has no interest. I don't think he would want to have to compete with me. But he thinks MX is great for me. I added a picture I like better. He can jump higher than I can on a bike!!!!!!!! Sorry to post this in the MX section. Just proud of what this kid can do on that piece of wood.

brovaollie-1.jpg

bovaswitcholliejpg_image_212.jpg

Awsome Photo!

I skateboarded for 10 years of my life. I still tinker a bit as my nephew is just getting into it and I am helping him. I realized when I hit my early 20's that my bones couldn't take those falls anymore.

Does he ride at all? When I got out of skating, I picked up dirt bikes. Whether its skating or riding, it's the adrenaline and self-achievement I am after.

He looks pretty good and that is a great photo. We used to send in sweet shots like that to the mags. We got them published a few times.

sweet pic

He would be great on a bike but has no interest. I don't think he would want to have to compete with me. But he thinks MX is great for me.

bovaswitcholliejpg_image_212.jpg

thats a really great pic, at least he has something to do and love doing it....

and tell him to put on a helmet...ive seen too many skateboarders crack open their heads skating...

thats a really great pic, at least he has something to do and love doing it....

and tell him to put on a helmet...ive seen too many skateboarders crack open their heads skating...

yes, I learned this the hard way.:applause:

Definitely needs a helmet. Great picture though. Looks like he's been skating a while!

Great pix, skating is just as fun as MX. Freedom!

Yeah i skated for a good 5 years and was considered pretty good. But the falls have ruined my body. To this day my knees, ankles, and wrists are all jacked up from skating. When i quit i jumped on a bike and realized it was twice as fun, and its not guaranteed pain everyday, just once in a while. Even though when it does happen it usually hurts worse than a skateboard fall.

He got on a skateboard at 3 yrs old and never looked back. He thanked me the other day for not pushing him into baseball or football. He said it was because I rode that I understood his interest in skateboarding. I never thought about it till he said that. I guess he is a philosopher too.

Helmets on Street Skaters are gay.

HA, thats what he tells me to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think more and more helmets are accepted. I know I would've never shown up to a spot with one on but we always wore them at the parks (were required to).

Now, I see younger kids wearing them when skating at the local street spots.

I also snowboard and see more and more helmets on the slopes and in the board parks. I had my bell rung off a rail on my last ride and have considered wearing one next time out. It was scary for sure!

To everybody that says helmets are gay. My cousins friend, the best skater in their city, wasn't wearing a helmet and did something(not sure what) and fell and hit his head and died on the spot.

thats sick hes good. i got alot of friends that skateboard

bmx is where it's at

how can you not have an intrest in riding bikes

the second pic is cool. I stopped skateboarding when I got my first dirt scooter and havent looked back since!

how can you not have an intrest in riding bikes

it doesnt seem possible. it must be a heartbreaker to have a son whos not interested in riding. thats really cool though. i tried to get into skating as like a side thing but i couldnt keep with it (mainly because it was extremely hard for me)

i really hope that was sarcasm, but i doubt it...

especially someone who rides or races dirtbikes should know that wearing a helmet while doing a sport like MX/SX,BMX,Skate, snow boarding, ect is essential...you may be criticized and called 'gay' if you wear a helmet, but, i think you would look dumber in a hospitol bed or with brain damage...