RMSTATOR - good/bad...heard of them???

• 2 months later...

Well, I put one in my crf150f bbr bike and have had nothing but problems. Turns out it doesn't put out the rated current (amps). It works, but turn on the headlight and the whole system dies. Ran some tests at the shop to make sure and called them. Mike and the owner said i could pull the stator, send it to them and they would check if it put out any power. If it did, I had to pay $20 plus shipping to get it back. Hmmm. I explained that it did put out power, but that it died when a load was put on it. Well, in typical French Canadian form, they took no responsibility and stood by their policy. I didn't threaten them but reminded them about there 1 year warranty and said I had other electronics companies just send a new one regardless. Mike said he would have a used stator on his shelf that was useless. I took pity on him as i know exactly what he was talking about. Right. So, my guess is these are taiwanese crap stators and they know it, but the almighty Ca dollar talks. Well, I will try again to get a refund as I am not relying on this while i'm out riding. Going US made-if I can.