Looking for a good KTM Dealer in Northern California

Any input would be great. I'm looking for a 07' or 08' XCF in northern California and was hoping to get some leads on a good dealer with decent pricing. I was going to look in AZ but after thinking about it wanted to go with someone local if I had any issues.

Thanks in advance . . .

I live in Southern California, In the desert. I bought my 07 450EXC from Moore

and Sons in Santa Cruz. I would return to them in a heartbeat. I dealt with John

Moore Sr., but John Moore Jr. is just as dedicated and knowledgeable. ?

These guys used to be THE dealer for Huskies in their part of NorCal, back when

Husky was THE bike for cross country dirt. As Husky faded they picked up the

bike that seems to have replaced Husky, the KTM line.

Straight shooters, they've been there for decades! Giv'em a shot. :applause:

I live in Southern California, In the desert. I bought my 07 450EXC from Moore

and Sons in Santa Cruz. I would return to them in a heartbeat. I dealt with John

Moore Sr., but John Moore Jr. is just as dedicated and knowledgeable. ?

These guys used to be THE dealer for Huskies in their part of NorCal, back when

Husky was THE bike for cross country dirt. As Husky faded they picked up the

bike that seems to have replaced Husky, the KTM line.

Straight shooters, they've been there for decades! Giv'em a shot. :applause:

Thanks for the info. For some reason I missed them on the KTM web site for dealers. I've talked to ACE Motorsports in Concord, MDK in Redwood City (read a lot of stories about them) and Sierra Motorsports in Grass Valley.

I'll definetely give Moore and Son's a shout.

Thanks . . .

You can try Mach 1 in Vallejo - ask for Chris Purio. Also excellent service; suspension guy Greg is awesome. You can tell them I sent you.

I personally didn't think much of Ace MS in Concord...maybe it was just the sales guy I spoke with..

I bought mine from Lost Coast in Ukiah last Friday after a rediculous experience with Ace Motorsports in Concord. Their sales guy Brian told me they had the last two 250 xcf-w's of the year, and I'd have to buy it that day for sticker if I wanted the bike.

Needless to say I walked and got it two days later from Nick at Lost Coast in Ukiah who was awesome. They even lent me a trailer for three days, had it ready to go and paper work done in less than five minutes when I got there, and walked out the door over $1,000 less than Ace wanted.

If there's any reason for you to be that far north I'd recommend them whole heartedly.

When I bought my 07 450 exc I called most of the California dealerships and wasnt impressed at all. Most of them quoted me full retail + a ton of fees. When I would tell them that I would do without instead of getting raped on the price of the bike they pretty much said that the exc was in demand and I would be lucky to find a better deal. It took me 10 minutes on the internet to find a 450 exc for $6998+ tax OTD in Washington State which was a 7 hour drive for me. Even after the cost of the trip I figured I saved almost $2000.

I have bought at MPC and been going to Grass Valley KTM every since. Sierra Motorsports in Grass valley has better service. I Don't need anybody being a dick to me over which oil to get or How I should go about checking my valves. The guys up the SMS will treat you right.

I'm not sure if they have the best price, but I never really put that as a priority.

I've been a loyal Moore and Son's customer since I bought my Husky in 1986. He went out of his way on more than one occasion to get parts for me when I needed them at the last minute. John's a great guy with a great dealership. Not the biggest or the flashiest, just the best.