Sign in to follow this  

staying low

can anyone tell me whats the easiest way to stay low buy cover the same distance (not scrubbing i know that, but i think it´s to advanced for me)

the table has a shallow landing and if you jump it with your regular speed you are to high (almost falling down )

(before the table was longer with a steeper landing, the takoff is the same)

thx

As you hit the face soak it up with your legs so that your butt almost hits the seat. Then as soon as you come off the face push down on the pegs and you can actually force the bike to stay lower. This way you don't allow the suspension to preload as much on the face, and you force it down on in the air.

Its the same movement you do on a trampoline when you want to stop bouncing. Instead of resisting the rebound with stiff legs (which will send you higher), bend your legs and let the bike come up underneath you. You've probably seen a downhill skier or snowboarder do a similar move to absorb a bump. Once you are in the air, you can extend your legs as KJ describes to push the bike down. This also gives you a longer range of motion to absorb the hit of the landing. By absorbing the landing with your legs, you'll maintain better traction and rocket down the receiver.

• Like 1

thx for the posts

i´m gonna work on that.

and what would be the next step

thx for the posts

i´m gonna work on that.

and what would be the next step

After you got so you can do that, you can try hitting the jump at a bit of an angle, turning on the face, and laying it over a bit while absorbing the jump. Then you will have a scrub.

The best and easiest way to stay low without using much energy is to lean way foward up the face of the jump, and then let you legs come up under you as you leave the lip. It is like the anti preload. It helps you to drive foward instead of up and you will need to carry more momentum. It will feel really wierd at first. Watch the pros. Stewart seems to exaggerate this more than the rest esp in SX. YOU TUBE!

The best and easiest way to stay low without using much energy is to lean way foward up the face of the jump, and then let you legs come up under you as you leave the lip. It is like the anti preload. It helps you to drive foward instead of up and you will need to carry more momentum. It will feel really wierd at first. Watch the pros. Stewart seems to exaggerate this more than the rest esp in SX. YOU TUBE!

+1. I've started doing this recently and it really works. Feels weird at first, but I have a whole new level of control over the bike in the air.

anyone got a link

i looked at youtube but there are tons of movies from stewart... and when it comes to scrubbing everybody wants to see the bubba scrub , for sure it looks cool, but i need that leaning forward and absorbing with the legs.....

Easiest to see at 2:24 and other places, too. Smaller jumps. Its subtle in some places. look close. Hips are right up against the bars on takeoffs.

thx 723onYZ250f now i got an idea.... that will take some time to get it dialed in :smirk:

Not sure if this will help and not sure if somebody already covered it (may not be the best way either), but as the bike is going up the jump start to absorb it by bending your knees and once it is in the air let it come up as it pleases, it will usually come up to your butt and stop. If you want you can then push it back down.