River Ranch or Suburban estates

So what's the story on these two places? One is close to frost proof and the other Holopaw? I heard from some old threads that River Ranch is not very two wheeler friendly. I'm sure you don't want to ride at either one during hunting season. Is there a land owner association like River Ranch? I may be interested in checking out a lot if you can ride bikes out of hunting season.

So what's the story on these two places? One is close to frost proof and the other Holopaw? I heard from some old threads that River Ranch is not very two wheeler friendly. I'm sure you don't want to ride at either one during hunting season. Is there a land owner association like River Ranch? I may be interested in checking out a lot if you can ride bikes out of hunting season.

There is no formal Landowners Association. There is a Landowners group that does have cleanup events and etc.., but no charter.

It is a decent place to ride... Get a lot there. We need more two wheeler land owners to ensure it stays that way and all can ride there.

What's the best way to purchase a 1.25 acre lot at Surburban estates? I've seen two for sale on e-bay.

I guess you could do E-bay, but if you drive out there, there are signs all over the gate on lots for sale. I know of a guy that sells them also. PM me and I can e-mail you the website and there is some info on it.

With the recent "boom" in the Florida real estate market prices are a lot different than they were 3 -5 years ago. You will pay more for something you can actually get too and possibly put a camp on than for "swamp" land.

I have a feeling that land out there might be going up in price. There are fewer places to ride and hunt as developers keep buying up all the large parcels. The state has not offered any new area's to ride on in years (at least in Central Florida) and riding area's in ONF have been reduced. Places like 5A are also being "closed". All this means as more people become involved, either as two wheelers or four wheelers, they will be looking for places to legally ride. In the few years I have been riding out there the crowds are definitely getting larger and more "lavish". I see lot's of big RV's and trailers on weekends and even some very elaborate "camps" with generators and running water.

I am glad I bought when I did.

MarkC ?

• 3 years later...

Depending on what the person is looking for depends on Suburban Estates or River Ranch. River Ranch has more land & 2 different clubs, the RRPOA & KLRPOA. Very little is known about the KLRPOA membership is $150 with a key to the gate & you can bring your friends with you. River Ranch has a manned gate 24hrs a day 7 days a week. Common sense rules apply & are stated in RRPOA documents. RRPOA membership is $145 per owner at www.rrpoa.net & you have to buy a guess pass which is $100 for 2 passes if you want to bring friends, NO dirt bikes or track vehicles. Http://www.RiverRanchAcres.com has pictures & info. Suburban Estates Holopaw has a locked gate which land owners can buy a key from SEPA Club Inc for $25 also you can join the SEPA Club inc membership for $25 but it is optional. http://www.HolopawFL.com has info & photos on Suburban Estates.

A message board for land owners http://www.Suburbanestates.net Suburban Estates has less rules but they will prosecute any trespassers that are not with a property owner.

Edited by Landintheusa
misspelling