Xr650L Battery under the seat

Where did you get the round little filters?

Well after reading what cornelieaz had to say about batteries I went and bought a generic DRZ battery and a battery tender for about half of what that Yuasa was going to cost.

I had Friday off so I did this, thanks guys for the pics and all of the ideas.

P1010003-1.jpg

rft.jpg

rfg.jpg

der.jpg

nice job...:thumbsup:

BTW BikeBandit.com has the Acerbis 600R side panels for $42.75...best price i wus able to find.

:moon:

P.S. RockDog those little filters r the Uni Filtered Vents...cyclegear and most other shops carry them.

Well after reading what cornelieaz had to say about batteries I went and bought a generic DRZ battery and a battery tender for about half of what that Yuasa was going to cost.

P1010003-1.jpg

rft.jpg

rfg.jpg

der.jpg

That looks awesome...clean! :thumbsup:

Good job :moon:

P1010003-1.jpg

rft.jpg

rfg.jpg

der.jpg

Wow, that is the cleanest install I have yet to see!:thumbsup:

Wow, that is the cleanest install I have yet to see!:thumbsup:

hey now! ...he started with a newer/cleaner bike than me :ride:

...and i not sure about locating all of those components around the shock/spring assembly ether :moon:

i just found sum new "trick" vent/filter screens today :ride: ...i'll post a pick when i get a chance they will flow better than the Uni's...they r just screens but will also mount flatter too.

hey now! ...he started with a newer/cleaner bike than me :lol:

...and i not sure about locating all of those components around the shock/spring assembly ether :moon:

i just found sum new "trick" vent/filter screens today :ride: ...i'll post a pick when i get a chance they will flow better than the Uni's...they r just screens but will also mount flatter too.

The good thing about those little uni vent/filter thingy's is that they help to keep water out of the airbox. :thumbsup:

When you go through a deep water crossing, and the water is splashing around the airbox, you need something more then an open screen which will allow unrestricted access for the water to enter the airbox. :p

:ride:

hey now! ...he started with a newer/cleaner bike than me :ride:

...and i not sure about locating all of those components around the shock/spring assembly ether :thumbsup:

i just found sum new "trick" vent/filter screens today :moon: ...i'll post a pick when i get a chance they will flow better than the Uni's...they r just screens but will also mount flatter too.

AWWWW, Kenny poo... Your's is still #1 in my book.

The good thing about those little uni vent/filter thingy's is that they help to keep water out of the airbox. :thumbsup:

When you go through a deep water crossing, and the water is splashing around the airbox, you need something more then an open screen which will allow unrestricted access for the water to enter the airbox. :ride:

u r correct...i have two boxes of them (Uni FilterVents) with only six installed...because my fire breathing pig wus getting pissed and suck'n the foam filters out of them with ten installed! :p

i kid u not! :ride:

AWWWW, Kenny poo... Your's is still #1 in my book.

:thumbsup::ride::moon::ride: LMAO, Denn 2 say's Kenny poo is #1 also.

So,what you guys are saying is that Kenny is the shit? :thumbsup:

The #1 shit? :ride::moon:

So,what you guys are saying is that Kenny is the shit? :thumbsup:

The #1 shit? :ride::moon:

Denn 2 practices political correctness, but yes..you are correct sir.

just so u girlz get it correct...:moon:

...i is da "BIG SHIT"! :moon:

...aka "Shiznitz Grande" :thumbsup:

...and don't u forget it! :ride:

:thumbsup::moon: :moon: :ride:

Revisions, Kenzo said,

"...and i not sure about locating all of those components around the shock/spring assembly ether"

So I fixed that. And I did not like the zip ties on the fuse box so I bought some 3/4 inch wire clips and mounted the fuse box with those!

P1010029.jpg

P1010030.jpg

The stock battery just died on my piggy. So I figured, why not do the battery relocation like some of the guys on this site have done?

Picked up a DRZ spec battery made by Bikemaster. One problem though....The battery terminals on the DRZ batt are much smaller than the stocker and the larger battery cables won't fit.

What have you guys done? Modify the stock cables? Buy new new ones or DRZ cables (hate to ask what OEM cables cost from Suzuki)?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

My DRZ battery was a different brand than yours but it bolted right up, I don't remember the brand name right now but it was made in Taiwan.

So I take it the terminals were about the same size as the stock battery? Can't tell for sure from the pics, but they look about the same to me.

Sheesh Lentuk, that job is so clean and pro you make me feel like not such a huge, obsessive perfectionist after all. :bonk:

Sheesh Lentuk, that job is so clean and pro you make me feel like not such a huge, obsessive perfectionist after all. :bonk:

I just copied all the other guys and added stuff that looked necessary for my application. The 06 I did this to only has 700 miles on it, so that maybe makes it look a little cleaner.