True Anneversery edition yz450f

So ya here it is, my winter project is complete. I creating a true anniversary edition yz450f to match my R1 anniversary edition and make them look like Yamahas from back in the day. So I took my bike apart and powder coated everything black and got the hurricane graphics kit and did a bunch of other stuff. Just got done yesterday so what do you think?

a064.jpg

a060.jpg

a054.jpg

a048.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY NICE - you and I have very similar tastes in our Yamahas! I'm kicking myself now that I didn't powdercoat my swingarm and subframe when I did my frame!

I also like the black kickstart and brake lever. Was thinking of those, too. You might consider the right side engine case - it's pretty easy to take off and either paint or powdercoat. My entire motor will eventually be black, but I'll wait to do the remaining pieces when I strip them apart for maintenence. Are you gonna do your motor black, too?

Also Big Gun Coatings will do your radiators in a thermal dispersant paint to black them out if you like. I'm waiting for the stage 3 cooling kit from PWR to come out to paint the radiators black on mine.

again - great job!