Any add-on spark arrestor for '08 YZ450F?

Any chance someone might make an Add-On S/A (the screen type that bolts on the end cap) for the '08 muffler?

For people that may be faster with the stock muffler, it's a shame to have to spend money for a slip-on or complete system in order to ride on public land.

I contacted PMB last month and their rep said that should have something out by early may, possibly the end of February. When I emailed him, he put me on a list to notify me when they are ready. I have been riding on public lands like you, and two weeks ago had to persuade some cop that I had a spark arrester in the muffler. He bought the story. But yeah, PMB is working on one. I cant wait much longer, though.

While doing something like that may work and effectively eliminate sparks it still is not USFS apporved and while most rangers in my area would let it slide there is always going to be that one ranger that will be a stickler about having that oh so special stamp on it.

While doing something like that may work and effectively eliminate sparks it still is not USFS apporved and while most rangers in my area would let it slide there is always going to be that one ranger that will be a stickler about having that oh so special stamp on it.

I don't know about Idaho, but here in california they just do a size test with a little stick the rangers carry with them. That was my experience with a ranger at a state park. He told me that they were satisfied either with the USFS stamp or if the spark arrestor passed the size test with their magic stick. Funny thing is he told me that some of the USFS spark arrestors wouldn't pass the size test.

They do that rod test here in Idaho too, but I have heard different rangers tell me different answers to the same question. So I would just rather it be USFS because then there is no chance of them complaining which could put an end to a great day of ridin and leave ya with a ticket.

I think the majority of the time they are pretty cool about just having a screen in there but there is always that one by the book ranger that has a stick up his a$$ and just wants to ruin someones fun.

I have had some interesting run ins with forest rangers who were clearly tree hugging retards that would write you a ticket for any and everything that they can possibly get you for.

• 1 month later...

I call PMB this past Wednesday and was told they should be shipping them out around the 11th of April. I was told to call back then. I may have to go the full system route if they don't do something fairly quick. :prof:

I have seen the PMB endo for the 08's. It is pretty cool, and should unplug the exhaust a bit.. if you want it to. It has a silencer cone that is removable. The diameter of the opening is larger too. I think that it will be a very good option for the 08's. The website says will ship on the 10th of April I think.... Hold on a week before you order a new system, this is a good option

Yoda'